13| Connections

V I C T O R I A' S  P O V

"AND NOW I'M DONE WITH my shift!" Lorena said happily as I walked up to the counter of the diner shop.

"Yes finally! I've been waiting here for—" I trailed off looking at my watch, "— twenty minutes!" I finished off.

"Yeah yeah you totally have patience." Sarcasm dripping from her words. I rolled my eyes and followed her to the back blue lockers.

Presently it's been two weeks since the meeting. Me and both the heirs of the Italian and Spanish mafia have been doing lot's of work to get Igor tracked down and all those fun stuff (note the sarcasm).

I've been tracking down and finding more information of Igor while Matteo and Samuel held a few more meetings with me and getting the information from me.

I haven't planned an attack yet nor any mission, because I have a feeling Igor knows someone's after him or something like that, the reason to this is because he's been inactive recently which is weird especially for him.

Igor has been attending human trafficking group's and places but not doing any activities within that, which again is weird for him.

So I've also been lowly waiting for an opportunity to strike.

Also me, Diego and Roland have been getting close within these two weeks span. But mostly me and Diego. He's funny, and outgoing once you get to know him, we've also hung out a few times.

Oh and lastly I had to sign a contract that was about me not betraying both the mafias and not telling others as in enemy, stuff.

I read it throughly so I wasn't be unsure. The only reason as to why I had to sign a contract more so paper, was because I didn't want to join any of the mafia meaning giving my blood, or getting a tattoo as a sign of the mafia.

So to put peace I just signed a paper ending in three months basically ending in three months hence a contract.

In the contract/paper was I couldn't tell any enemies or anyone other then the people needed, anything, I also couldn't turn my back on them, etc.

If I did whatever the contract said I'd get killed, but I'm fine because my plan here is to finish my job and leave.

That's pretty much it. Today I went to Lorena's work place and decided to hang out with her today because I am free, so while she finished her shift I waited and now she's done meaning we've decided to go to the mall then have dinner together.

"Hello! Oh my gosh are you dead?!" I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt someone shaking me.
"What the hell!" I exclaimed, seeing Lorena shaking me.

"What do you mean "what the hell", I've been calling and shaking you for the past three minutes I thought you died!" Lorena cried.

"Oh sorry I was deep in my thoughts.." I said sheepishly.
"Yeah it's fine I was just saying that I'm done and I have got my bag let's hit the mall!" She waved her hand in dismissal.

"Ok perfect let's head out." I agreed and with that we both left the diner and headed to the mall.

•••

"Ohh this is cute!" Lorena shrieked happily, looking at a black spaghetti strap silky top.

I hummed in agreement, seeing she picked up two. I raised my eyebrow in questioning and she explained; "I think we should buy one and match next time." She shrugged.

"Do I have a say in this?" I asked, even though I knew the answer. "No sweetheart you don't." She winked and walked away to the jeans isle.

Yep I knew it.