37| Dead

V I C T O R I A'  S  P O V

*1 MONTH LATER*

"THANK YOU!" I CHIRPED, TAKING a bite of my breakfast humming at how yummy it is.

"Your welcome." The waitress said before walking away while tucking her notebook in her pocket.

I poured some chocolate syrup on my pancakes, I can literally fall in love with food.

Weeks have gone by since the, what we call now "incident".

I have been trying to avoid everyone unless it was work or business. I don't think anyone knows what happened, at least I hope not.

If I am being honest I do feel bad, they say love always wins I avoid that; my feelings.

I also didn't go to the dinner I was supposed to, I told everyone I was sick and that I won't be able to come but they should have fun.

Let's just say everyone believed me.

Remember Victoria, you only came here for work.
I continuously reminded myself.

Anyway, on to the work shenanigans, I've tracked down Igor in three places, there isn't a perfect radar as to where he can be but I've managed to find a few spots.

Now how did I manage to track down these three spots? Pretty simple if you ask me. I got connections left and right especially to figure out certain things.

You want someone dead? I'll do it but I need something in return. Not money but information.

An assassin never reveals their secret.
Okay I don't know why I said that, I guess the author is trying to make me a mystery, to bad I'm not.

I snapped out of my daze and continued eating food, my phone started ringing.

Sighing I picked up my phone and checked who's calling me. It is Roland.

Roland? Why is he calling me?

Clearing my throat I answered the phone call.

"Hello?" I asked, pretending I don't know who it is.

"Hi Victoria, how are you doing?" He asked calmly.

See I'm not the one to care when someone I know calls me but this, this right here is weird.

"I'm doing good, you?" I asked back being polite.

"That's good, I'm doing fine thanks for asking." His voice and many other mummers rang back.

So he's not alone?

"Of course, if you don't mind me asking what is the purpose of this call?" I asked at the end, I hate being formal.

"Not at all dear, first I want to say that I'm not alone I'm here with my family. Secondly we are wondering if you'd like to come over for breakfast; it's been a while." He said in one breath.

Before I can speak he spoke up again, "and I am going to be inviting the Ricci's as well."

Oh well would you look at that, I'm already eating breakfast but now that Ricci's are getting invited is already a no—go, not like I was going to agree anyway.