72| It's On My Watch

V I C T O R I A' S  P O V

I TAKE A DEEP BREATH. "Hi, could I speak to Haru Ren?"

"No." The other person from the line says bluntly.

Oh? "Who's this?"

"None of your fucking business, now hang up and don't call dangerous places like this." The guy on the other line said aggressively.

"Listen, I really need to speak with Haru so could you give the phone?" I ask lamely.

"No, I mean come on how dumb do you think I am?" He scoffs.

"Excuse me?" I ask questionable and confused.

"You're excused." He says and goes quiet.

"No but seriously, you could be some random person trying to get to Haru and personally I am to busy to deal with this shit." He finalizes and almost hangs up.

"Who's on the phone?" I heard another deep voice entering the conversation from their side.

Assuming I'm on speaker, I speak up before the mean line guy can.

"Some person who needs to speak to Haru Ren as soon as possible." I sigh and hear the person who's holding the phone from their end groan.

"This person is so annoying, all she's been asking for is you and I'm explaining to her that that she can't and won't be speaking to you but she doesn't seem to understand." The guy says aloud to Haru.

"Are you assuming I'm a girl?" I ask confused.

"It's pretty obvious—no offence." He tells me.

I roll my eyes, "whatever."

"Wait is that Haru?!" I ask in shock when I realize that the guy on the phone said "won't be speaking to you."

"Okay listen up guy on the phone, I can't keep calling you that because it's getting confusing so tell me, what is your name?" I demand.

"Daniel, not like that's any of your business." Daniel says.

"Okay good so we have Daniel and Haru." I understand them now.

"She can talk to me if she really needs to, but if it's a joke then hang up." Haru informs Daniel.

Oh thank everyone! I finally get to speak to Haru. I think to myself while smiling in happiness.

Haru is the higher up of the illegal Japan vicinity. He controls everything that happens and everyone who comes in.

I found this out—I found out that Igor will be going here so I had to call in to not allow Igor in.

If I can't leave Italy, neither can Igor.

"It's really important—of course—I called you for a reason." I tell Haru though the both of them can hear me.

"Do tell me then, what's the issue?" Haru asks me while taking the phone from Daniel's hand.

I stay in silence for a bit. Oh so now I don't know what to say? I think to myself and slowly shake my head, disappointed at my brain.