Chapter 1

“Krissy you okay? We’re ready to leave.” Sarah says to Kristina.

Kristina snaps out of her deep thought, she couldn’t help but think about what happened to her two months ago. I catch feelings for my best friend I knew since the 5th grade, then realize that they’re more than feelings but something stronger but knowing the player that he is I still managed to fall hard and stupidly enough to get played by him, by walking in one of my first “real” friend’s giving him head. No I’m not okay … “I’m good,” she says as she picks up her bags off the floor and keys off the table, “I’m ready to go,” she says with a smile to Sarah, who is wearing a burgundy bubble jacket and UGGs with black skinny jeans and head wrap with her high bun showing at the top. As she goes through the door a blast of the freezing February air hits her as she leaves Sarah’s house, Thank God for letting my mother buy me contacts if I had my glasses they would’ve flew off, she follows her towards the car and gives the keys to her as she stands by the trunk of the car.

Sarah goes to the driver’s side and presses the button to open the trunk to the car then she picks up her and Kristina’s bags in there, “Where is that mexican? I’m freezing”, she says impatiently, “We gotta go before we hit traffic.” She sighs as she taps the hood of the car. Then she looks at Kristina, “You’re looking very cute this morning.” she looks at Kristina wearing black hooded coat, grey sweats and black retro 7s with her brown hair in a messy ponytail.

“No I don’t.” she says nervously as her face gets red.

“I’m Dominican though,” Javier says as he walks over and puts his bags in the trunk then turns to Kristina, “Where’s my keys?” he asks her.

She looks at Javier wearing a Dark Green puffer jacket that sharply brought out his grey eyes, with a black knitted hat on his head and scarf hanging under his jacket, as she looked down she saw him wearing dark skinny jeans and Brown male Butte UGG boots, Why is he so attractive right now? “But I thought Sarah was driving?” she answers as she snaps out of her trance.

“What the fuck? Do you even have a license?” Javier says to Sarah.

“I got my license when I turned 18 three years ago. I’m so driving bro.” Sarah says with a smile as she shake the keys in the air and closes the trunk then walks around the car to the driver’s side and opens the door, “Uh-Oh Team UGG boots?” she says to Javier with a smile, “We live,” she says and slides in the car.

“Nahh but this is my car though.” Javier protests as he stands there shocked.

“It’s 5:04am, it’s too early to argue, just get in the back with Krissy boy, you know you want to.” Sarah says outside the driver’s window as she smiles while putting the keys in the ignition, starting the car up then plugging her iPod to the car radio.

Kristina blushes as she gets in the car with Javier, this is going to be a long ride. She slides in and puts on her seat belt. “Wait.” she says right before Sarah pulls from the driveway and they both look at her, “Can we pray before we go?”

“Ahhh come on!” Javier groans.

“Shut up boy, you need Jesus in your life.” she says to him as she turns to Kristina, “Go head and pray girl.” she says as she bows her head.

“Dear heavenly father ...”

“Ughh now I know this gonna be long,” Javier groans again.

“Shut up!” Sarah says as she plucks his forehead, “Krissy go.”

“I ask that you watch over us and guide us on our way to Washington D.C. safely. And I know that I haven’t been honest to my parents about the trip but I ask that you have mercy and keep us safe. Amen.”

“Amen girl Amen.” Sarah waves her hands in the air then turns around to turn on her iPod to play “Love My Team” by Meek Mill, she looks up and smiles at them, “Now we’re off this.” she says as she pulls out the driveway and on to the street.

“Tina, are you okay?” Javier says to her seeing her nervously wring her hands, “Are you scared?” he says to her calmly.

“I hate the fact I lied to my parents.” Kristina says to him without looking up.

“What exactly did you tell them?” Javier says questioningly.

“I told them that the school will bring me and the other students that were accepted at the Honor’s Society to Washington D.C. for the next five days.” she says then looks up at him, “Crazy thing is I was the only one from the school accepted there,” she sighs, “They were so reluctant to even let me go even hearing I was going with the school. What if they call the school? What if they find out? What if-“

“Nothing is going to happen.” he interrupts her, “Your parents will not call the school and they find out, simple. Stop worrying about it.” he says as he reaches her hand to hold, “You think too much.” he says as he smiles at her then leans in to kiss her forehead.

“AYE! AYE! AYE!” Sarah shouts from the front, “Not in the car,” she says as she turns up the next street.

“But this is my car though!” he shouts at her.

“God, I need me a ting.” she mutters under her breath as she continues to drive.

They laugh at her, then Kristina feels her phone vibrate, thinking it’s her parents she nervously pulls it out her pocket and looks. When she looks at the number a flash of anger spurs through her, Levi. She angrily shoves her phone back in her pocket.

“What happened?” Javier says to her, but she doesn’t answer, “It was my cousin wasn’t it?” she doesn’t answer again, he leans in and kisses her forehead again, “Cheer up okay?” he says as he takes off her seat belt and pulls her into his chest feeling her drift off to sleep as they pull into the highway.