Chapter 8

Kristina opens her eyes and the first person she sees is Javier fast asleep, her heart accelerates looking at him, Oh My God, What happened last night? Why is he in my bed? Where is Sarah? Kristina what is wrong with you? She rubs her forehead as her head starts to pound, she slowly starts to move off the bed trying not wake him up, as soon as she gets her legs over the bed, she feels an arm wrap around her waist as her body gets lifted in the air. Javier wraps his arm around her and lifted her body up as he gently puts her on top of his bare chest, he smiles at her, “You were going to get up and not say Good Morning?” he smiles at her, “How are you feeling?” he says as he folds his arms behind his head.

Kristina immediately tries to get up but Javier arms quickly wrap around her waist securing her on top on him. “Can you let go of me?” she says quietly.

Welcome back old Kristina, he sighs, “Answer my question and I will.” he says with a serious tone.

“I have a mean headache and my throat is extremely dry.” she says as she feels his arm looses around her as she pushes herself off of him and turns to sit on the edge of the bed, “What happened last night?”

Javier sits up, “Go get some water and Tylenol.” he says as he moves out his spot and sits on the edge of the bed and sits right beside her, “First off you tried to be a boss and drink you life away, then you kissed me.” he says with a huge smile.

Oh My God. “I kissed you?” she says in shock, “No way.” she says with disbelief.

 “Uhuh you did,” he laughs as he sees Kristina puts her head in her hands.

Never again will I drink, “Ugh, I’m sorry.” she says quietly as she squeezes her palms into her forehead.

He leans into her ear, “I felt like I was taken advantage of,” he whispers sadly in her ear.

She lifts up her head remembering that’s what he told her last night, “Boy you wish I would take advantage of you.” she says smiling as she quotes his words.

“And what if I do?” he whispers, smiling into her ear.

“Don’t tempt me.” she says with a sly grin as Javier leans in, grabs her face, she pushes him back remembering some things from last night, “So tell me about this supposed daughter you have.”

Javier groans, “Right now?" he asks as he watches her nod her head yes, he sighs, “Three years ago I got this girl pregnant, the end.” he says dryly.

“That it?” she says questioningly eager to hear more.

He grabs her chin, “For now that’s it.” he says with a smile as he continues to hold her chin, “Don’t worry ‘bout that.” he says pulls her chin forward causing their lips to touch and he leans in to kiss her, but as soon as he touches her lips, Kristina pushes him back, “What’s the matter?” he says calmly.

“I don’t want to keep doing this,” she says as she turns her head to one of the large windows in the room, she sees the sun coming up over the beautiful view of Embassy Row.

Javier sighs and runs his hand on his head, “Why do you keep frontin’ on me though? I like you and you like me right?” he says in sternly but Kristina doesn’t answer so he grabs her chin turning her face towards him as his grey eyes pierce her insides, “What’s the problem? I know my cousin fucked up but realize that has nothing to do with me. Don’t close yourself from what you deserve and you deserve to be treated like the amazing person you are.”

Before Kristina could respond they hear a knock at the door. As she walks towards the door she sees Sarah passed out on the couch, I wonder where she was and what she did last night, she continues for the door, “Hello? She hears no response.

“Open the door and see who it is.” Javier says calmly but fully alert as he gets up to grab his shirt. Kristina nods her hand and puts her hand on the doorknob and nervously turns it to pull open the door, and she sees Malcolm Knight with both hands behind his back.

“Good Morning.” he says with a smile as he takes his right hand from behind his back and hands a small white bag, “Here, it’s a party favor from yesterday. You left early so I figured I should bring you one.” he smiles at her then takes a peek inside the room to see Javier putting on his shirt causing his face to harden, What were they doing in here? He stares at Javier with complete disgust, “Be downstairs for the meeting at 8 sharp.” he snaps and makes his way down the hall before she could answer.

What was that all about? Kristina shrugs and closes the door as she walks over to a table to put the bag down and sees the time 7:23am on the clock then heads to the bathroom.

“Kristina, come back we’re not done talking.” he says to her.

“Well I am.” she says as she quickly grabs one her bags and walks in the bathroom as she closes the door behind her and starts to get ready for the meeting.