Chapter 41

Sarah speeds out of Manhattan and towards Brooklyn. When she arrives to Brooklyn she heads straight to Javier's building. "Come on guys." she says as she unbuckles her seatbelt.

"Where are we?" Ian asks with his arms still wrapped around Kristina's.

"Javier's building." Kristina answers Ian. "I've been calling and texting him since yesterday up until this morning. I don't think he's home." Kristina says to Sarah.

"I see his car across the street." Sarah points out to them.

"That doesn't mean he's home." Ian replies.

"Something is going on. I'm lost and confused. And If you won't tell me, he will. So let's go." she says to the both of them as she exits the car.

Ian sighs, "You want to go inside?" he asks Kristina.

"No and plus there's no way he's home." she answers.

Sarah walks over to the back window and knocks on it repeated. "Let's go!" she says right before walking towards the entrance of the building.

"Let's go." Kristina says as she pulls back from Ian and sits up. Ian nods his head and opens the door. He stands on the side, waiting for Kristina to get out then closes the door behind her. They both walk towards the building.

Sarah is already up the stairs and in front of Javier's door. First, she knocks softly and waits for a few moments but no one answers, so she knocks again. Ian and Kristina get to the floor and stand by the staircase.

"See I told you he's not here." Kristina says.

"I know he's here. He better open the door." Sarah says then starts banging on the door repeatedly.

"Do you have to be so extra?" Ian says to Sarah, feeling annoyed as ever.

"Yes. I do!" she says as she continues to bang on the door.

"Sarah it's like 1pm. He's probably at work or running errands. Let's go." Kristina says to her.

"I'm telling ya he's here!" Sarah shouts at them as the door swings open.

"What the-"

"Well hello Motherfucker! What took you so long to open the damn door!" Sarah shouts at him.

"You almost broke the damn door down!" he shouts back.

"You should've answered the first time! What if your building was on fire!" Sarah shouts back.

Javier sighs, "What do you want Sarah?" he asks her.