Chapter 24

Kristina ran down the hallways of the hospital like a track star, with tears streaming down her face. She hears Javier calling her name from behind her caused her feet to move faster. When she reaches outside she keeps running, she doesn't even know where she's running to. She finally stops when she completely out of breath, she doesn't even know where she is or how many blocks she ran, she lost count after the 11th block. She's just exhausted and emotional. What the hell just happened? What am I going to do? She sits on the brick fence of a house on the corner and continues to cry for a few minutes, then she suddenly realizes to call Sarah.

"Hello?"

"Sarah, are you home yet?"

"No, it's only 12:33pm, I'm still at work. Are you okay? You sound different?"

"I'm sorry, didn't even know the time. I just called."

"It's fine and you still haven't answered my question, are you okay?

"Nothing, I'm ... fine."

"No you're not. If you were you wouldn't have called." Kristina doesn't answer. "Kristina, what happened are you okay?" she asks as she hears her starting to crying on the phone, "Kristina, what happened? Where are you? I can't help you if you won't tell me anything."

"I'm having a horrible day." she chokes out.

"It's okay baby girl, where's Javier?"

"I left him." she croaks.

"Okay, I can't wait for details now because I'm at work. But find your way to my house, my brother should be there. My boss is about to come over to my desk, so I'll text you my address and I'll come home as fast as I can, okay?"

"Okay." she croaks.

"Alright, bye, love ya." she quickly hangs up.

Kristina tears up all over again, the fact that her friend cares about her just added to the ball of emotion. Her phone vibrates, and she sees that it's Sarah that texted her the address to her house accompanied with directions. Kristina decides not to waste any time and get to Sarah's house. She has no metrocard or money on her and she had to walk all the way to Sarah's, with no energy especially after running the way she did. After almost 40 minutes of walking she finally reaches Sarah's house, when gets to the front door she rests her body on it for support, right before ringing the doorbell. When she hears someone behind the door she moves off of it.

"Hi, you must be Kristina. My sister told me you were coming."

Her mouth slowly opens in awe of the shirtless gorgeous giant in front of her. I met him before but I obviously didn't get a good look at this guy. Ian had even beautiful brown skin with a 6 pack, soft brown eyes with long lashes and a flat top with noticeably brown hair. He was just a bar of milk chocolate. "Hey, and you're Ian." she says, feeling flustered.

"Nice to meet you again. Come on in." he says with a smile as he moves to the side so Kristina walk in.

"Nice to meet you again too." she says as she looks around the warm cozy house. The burnt Orange walls were lined with family pictures, complementing the cream carpet and brown furniture. "Nice house."

"Thanks. Want anything to eat? drink?"

"No thanks."

"Loosen up, mi casa su casa." he says with a huge smile.

She smiles back, "Okay."

"You can start off by sitting anywhere, preferably the couch since that's where I'm gonna destroy your ass in video games." he says with another huge smile.