Chapter 29

Javier walks into his apartment, kicking off his boots. I'm so damn tired. He throws himself on the couch, tired from looking for a new job all morning and is now coming home at 2pm. He closes his eyes and sighs deeply, What a shitty week. Kristina almost gets raped, now she's not talking to me. Levi is in a fucking coma and I got no damn job. Suddenly his phone rings, he looks at the caller ID and sighs, Now this one. What the fuck does she want. Reluctant to pick up, he answers. "What do you want?"

"Is that how you talk to the mother of your child?"

"What do you want?"

"Wow you're really going to talk to me like that?"

"WHAT. DO. YOU. WANT!"

"Damn okay. I wanted to know if I can come over."

"No."

"You don't want to see your daughter, but o-"

Javier jumps up, "Yes, you're welcome to come over. Please come over with her."

"That's what I thought." she laughs, "I'm already like a couple of blocks away so get cleaned up or whatever. Later." she hangs up.

Javier gets up and fixes up his living room. A few minutes later his buzzer rings and he buzzes the person in. Then he hears a knock at the door and looks through the peep hole and sees Michelle and his daughter, Angie. He opens the door with excitement.

"Daddy!" Angie yells.

"Hey baby!" he says as he takes Angie out of her mother's hands. He kisses her face repeatedly as she giggles.

"Well hello to you too." Michelle says as she roll her eyes and walks in the apartment.

Javier ignores her as he closes the door, "Look at my baby. Wow, you're so big now!" he says as he throws her up in the air filled with his daughter's laughter.

"Damn, so you're just going to ignore me."

"I haven't seen my daughter in over 6 months so excuse me for not acknowledging your presence." he says to her as he gives Angie another kiss. "How's my baby?"

"I'm fine. Daddy I can count to 20!" she says excitedly.

"Really?! Show daddy!"

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 16, 17, 19, 20!"

Javier laughs, "We'll work on it baby." he says as he kisses her forehead. "I missed you so so so so so so much!"

"I miss you too daddy." she says with a big smile with her arms wrapped around his neck. "Daddy I can spell words too."

"Really? What words?"

"Cat. C-A-T. Dog. D-O-G. Hot. H-O-T." she says with a smile.

"Oh wow."

"But those are baby words, I can spell house."

"Really? Spell it for me."

"H-O-U-S-E!"

Javier lifts her up in the air. "My baby so smart! Who taught you those words?"

"Bisabuela."

"Daddy will teach you more words." he says with a smile right before he repeatedly kisses her cheek causing her to laugh.

"I forgot how attractive you look when you're with her." Michelle says with a coy smile on her face.

"Why did you come?"

"So my daughter can see her daddy."

"After I've been asking for months with you repeatedly tell me 'No' and now all of a sudden you just want me to see her? What do you want?"