Chapter 36

Two weeks pass by and everything is back to normal. Kristina went back to school with the bruises but nobody noticed or seemed to care enough to ask.

It's a Friday morning and Kristina is at home getting ready for school then her phone rings, "Hello?" she says as she picks up the phone.

"Ms. Daniels, it's Ann Schwartz, how are you?"

"I'm fine."

"Good news. The meeting for the Mediation/Arbitration will be held next Monday. If it is too soon we can reschedule for any day that week because we will be there the whole week."

"Monday is good. The sooner the better."

"Is there anything you need?"

"No, I'm fine."

"I'm here to make everything easier. I am paid to make sure you are comfortable."

"I'm fine but thanks."

"Okay I will text you the location in which the meeting will be held."

"Okay. Bye." she says as she hangs up. She gets her brother and sister ready or school and in time out the door on her way to her own school. She picks up the phone and calls Javier.

"Hello?" he answers in a groggy voice.

"Were you sleeping? I can always call back."

"Nah it's cool." he says as he sits up in bed. "Wassup?"

"The lawyer just called me and told me that the meeting will be on Monday. I was wondering if you could come with me. If you weren't busy or anything."

"Yea of course I'll come with you. I wouldn't let you go alone."

"Thank you so much." she says as she breathes a sigh of relief.

"No problem sweetheart."

"Now I can relax for a bit." she laughs a little.

"Good, cause just know I'll be there for you whenever."

"Thanks but you don't have to be."

"I want to be." he says as Kristina sighs, "Are you okay? Is there anything you want to talk about?"

"No."

"Why are you always shutting me out?"

"Javier, you really want to have this conversation now?"