Chapter 32

Javier walks into his apartment, closes the door and drops himself on the couch. He feels angry, upset, distraught and every other feeling in between. She's over there getting beat down for no reason. I probably made it worst for her too. I can't even do nothing. "Fuck!" he shouts as he throws a couch pillow at the wall causing a picture to wall off the wall.

"Hey? Is everything alright?" Michelle says as she steps out of the bathroom with just a towel wrapped around her body.

"Yea. I'm good." he says as he puts his head in hands.

She walks over to him, "Where did you go? What happened?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Come on Javi, we're going to be living together so you might as well talk to me."

"I don't want to talk about it."

"I rather you talk than throw things at the wall."

Javier sighs, "I went out to try to help out a friend of mine."

"And?"

"I couldn't."

"Why not?"

"I just couldn't."

"Digame."

"Just because you're living here doesn't mean I have to tell you every detail of my life." he says as he gets up from the couch and head to the kitchen.

"Wow, I'm just trying to help." she says as she follows him to the kitchen.

"I don't need it. Thanks." he says as he pulls out a cartoon of Fruit punch out of the fridge and pours it into a cup.

"Is this friend a girl?"

Javier drinks from the cup, "Does it matter if it was?"

Michelle leans to the side and crosses her arms, "Yes it does."

He slams the cup on the table, "Yes it's a girl!" he shouts.

"Wow that's crazy."

"How is it crazy? You just walked back in my life earlier today. What did you expect? A bouquet of roses and a fucking wedding ring? Get your life." Michelle doesn't respond, she just stands there hurt as the tears sting her eyes. Javier immediately realizes what he just says and sighs as he runs his fingers through his hair, "Shit, I'm sorry. I'm having a really rough night." he says to her but the tears already started falling from her eyes. Javier walks over to her and pulls her into a hug, "I'm sorry. I was speaking out of frustration." he says pulling back and wiping the tears from her eyes. "You should get dressed." Michelle nods and sniffles then turn to walk towards the bedroom. "Good night."