Chapter 34

Mateo finishes getting dressed and heads out the door with Mandy in tow. He walks to his car and sees her walking down the block. "Sweetheart, where are you going?"

"Home!" she snaps.

"I was going to drop you home."

"After you disrespected me?"

"A real gentleman always brings a lady home. Please get in the car so I can assure that you're home safely." he says as he enters the car.

She stands there for a second with an angry face but she couldn't resist his charm ,"Fine." she says as she walks over to the car and gets in.

He starts the car and begins to drive, he gets her home in 20 minutes. "What I told you today may have seemed harsh but it was a wakeup call. You're a very beautiful girl but looks can only go so far. Respect yourself and you will find the person will love you in entirety."

"Yea whatever." she says as she opens the passenger door.

"You're not going to find men like me to tell you this again. Be good to yourself. See you around sweetheart." he says as she slams the door shut. He speeds off and makes a quick stop to the store then heads to the hospital, getting there in 10 minutes. He enters the hospital and greets everyone he see from the Security guards to the Janitors to the Nurses, everyone knows him.

"Hey Steve. I got donuts." he says to the head security guard.

"Mateo! My man! Wassup?" he says as he grabs a donut.

"I'm good. See you later." he says as he walks towards the elevator.

"Marcia! Lucy! Jacob!" he shouts to the cleaning staff. "I got donuts!"

They rush over and they each grab one, "Thanks Mateo!" they say in unison.

He heads to the 6th floor, where Levi is. "Good morning ladies." he says to the nurses at the nursing station as he flashes his million dollar smile.

"Good morning Mr. Montoya." they all say in unison like school girls.

"I brought donuts for my girls." he says with a smile as he places the box on the desk.

"Thank you Mr. Montoya." they each say with a flirtatious smile, even two of the older nurses that could pass as his mother.

"Any progress on my nephew?"

"None since yesterday. But the doctor should be in shortly." One of the nurses say.

"There's already a visitor in the room." Another nurse says.

"Who?"

"Some guy. I don't remember his name." she answers.