Chapter 38

"Mateo." a voice calls out.

"Who there?" he asks in the middle of darkness. "Where am I?" Suddenly the darkness lifts and he sees himself in an all white room.

"Mateo." the voice calls again.

This time the voice is immediately recognizable, "Marisol?" he says as he quickly turns to see her standing there in a beautiful flowing white dress and her hair long dark brown hair flowing freely with a daisy headband on the top of her head. He quickly rushes over to her and hugs her as the tears fall from his eyes. "Carino, I miss you so much." he says as he squeezes her tight.

Marisol smiles, "Hola Mi Amor." she says as the tears fall from his face, "No need for tears my love." she says as she caresses his chin. "We need to talk." she says as she takes his hand and starts to walk. Suddenly the white room turns into a beautiful Garden filled with a hundred different types of flowers. Roses, Lilies, Tulips, and of course Daisies. Just an absolutely breathtaking place. She leads him to a bench and sits then motions him to sit also. "Que Paso?" she says as she takes his hand.

"Is this real? Are you real? I miss you so much." he says as he squeezes her hand.

"We don't have much time sweetheart so listen to me, you need to move on."

"I can't move on from you. I won't move on from you."

" It's been twenty years Carino, you got to let me go."

"I WILL NEVER LET YOU GO!"  he shouts shaking the garden.

"You are killing yourself and I won't let you do that."

"I am completely empty without you. If death brings me to you I'm all for it."

"MATEO! Don't you dare speak like that!" she shouts breaking the peace within the garden. "What happened to the strong man I knew?"

Mateo lowers his head and cries, "You were my whole life. You were my sunrise and sunset. I've been living miserably without you 'Sol."

Marisol picks up his head, "God sent 13 beautiful children to surround you with. They are your whole life. They are your sunrise and sunset. You are solely living because of them." she says with a smile, "Yes, we were bound for each other. Yes, we loved each other with everything. They love you more than anything and you love them more than anything. And that love is just as satisfying, fulfilling and soul lifting as ours was.

"But 'Sol we have so many unwritten pages. We were never supposed to end-"

"Every single thing on earth happens for a reason." she says cutting him off. "I am completely happy here. You need to move on not only for me but for yourself and those amazing beautiful kids." she says with a smile. "Mateo, I love every single one of them. Gosh, they are all beautiful like you."