Chapter 25

After Javier left, they all went back to the dining room table and continue to have their dinner in complete silence.  Kristina is just wrapped around her thoughts as she sits their pick and playing with her food. "I'm going to excuse myself from the table." she says a few minutes later breaking the silence.

"Yea yea go ahead!" Sarah says kindly as Kristina gets up and heads to the bathroom.

"Wow, I haven't heard someone use table manners in a long time. She's a goodie goodie." Ian says to Sarah.

"Yea, she is an Angel."

"So what she doing rolling with a demon like you?"

Sarah picks a piece of tomato and throws it at him, "Shut up!"

"I wish Kristina was my sister." Ian says as he sticks out his tongue to Sarah.

"I'll remember that next time you're hungry or want a new video game." she says as she gets up from the table to put her plate in the sink.

"You didn't even let me finish my sentence! I wish Kristina was my sister because you're more like my mom!"

"AHH SHUT IT!"

Kristina walks in the bathroom, and it's like she walked into another bedroom. The bathroom is large, painted ocean blue with white tiles. The floor has an intricate design with white, ocean and navy blue tiles. There's a huge tub that could also be a Jacuzzi in one corner and a huge shower in the other corner. There is a white Futon in between the tub and the shower, with ocean blue pillows accompanied with a white chair. They are both placed on top of a white bathroom rug. There's a sink with antique silver faucets, that has a rustic look. The counter of the sink is a white grey marble with flecks of blue in it. There is a large mirror over the sink and directly across from it is a full body mirror. The bathroom in entirety is completely pristine and immaculate. You could eat off of the floors if you wanted to.  She sits on the lid of toilet and breathes out shakily trying not to cry. How did it end up like this? Kristina takes out her phone and sees 3 messages and calls from Ann Schwartz, Malcolm's lawyer, 5 calls from Tio Mateo, 8 calls and 12 texts from Javier and 12 calls and 7 texts from her mom. She sighs and dials her mom's number. "Hello?"

"Kristina! Baby! You're alive!"

"Yes, mom I am. Why wouldn't I be?"

"You haven't picked up none of my calls!"

"I know mom, I'm sorry."

"Kristina, I'm sorry too. I push you too hard and have too much restraints on you. When you got upset with me yesterday and didn't call me back, I realized if I keep doing that, I can push you away and you wouldn't nothing to do with me when you're older. I know you're brilliant, amazing and most of all a very conscience young lady and I need to let you make a few decisions here and there. I trust you because you prove time and time again how much of a respectable and responsible young woman you are.  Your dad and I are so strict because we're afraid of how fast you're growing up."

Kristina has tears welling in her eyes, she's at lost for words, "Mom, I understand.", is all she can say.

"I know you do, baby." she pauses for a second as if she was wrapped in her own emotions, "Well you probably have things to do.  Just call me in the morning okay?"

"Okay I will."

"I love you Kristina."

"I love you too mom." she says as she hangs up and wipes a couple of tears from her face.  She finally trusts me and I'm not even where she thinks I am. What a horrible daughter. She just continues to sit there, crying as time passes by, then suddenly there's a knock at the door.