Chapter 11

When they got in the room Sarah pushed Kristina in the bathroom so she could shower. In the shower Kristina cried her eyes out about Malcolm, her gorgeous creep, Javier, her beautiful, potential future and Levi the guy who can never seem to leave her mind or her heart. After her depressing shower she got ready for Sarah’s Extreme makeover. It was 5:53pm when Sarah finally finished; it took her almost four hours to get Kristina completely ready. She made Kristina get up and look at herself in the larger mirror by the living room.

“Oh. My. God.” Kristina utters, she was speechless looking at the girl with curled brown hair cascading around her face as her caramel face glows, she notices the red lipstick on her plump lips and a silvery brown eye shadow glimmering around her eyes causing her Brown eye lined eyes enhanced by mascara to twinkle and pop out.  She smiles at the beautiful girl in the mirror and the girl smiles back as she realizes the girl is wearing a beautiful cream long sleeved asymmetrical dress, the top of the dress has a deep V-Neck and long sleeves showing just the right amount of cleavage then has a tan satin sash separating the top and bottom of the dress just above the belly button that ties into a big bow in the back. The girl in the mirror ran her hand over the brown skirt of the dress which was light and airy that stopped at her knees in the front showing off her beautiful legs and red closed toe wedges and in the back the skirt of the dress flows all the way to the floor. She smiles at the girl in the mirror and realizes she sees a gorgeous woman.

“Kristina you’re really beautiful.” Sarah says staring at her proudly.

“Sarah, thank you so much.” she say pulling her in a hug.

Sarah pushes her back off quickly, “Girl, don’t mess up the makeup.” she laughs and smiles.

Kristina laughs, “Where did you get this dress?”

“In one of these boutique stores on Embassy Row, I’ll let you borrow it for one night. I’ll just wear another dress I came with.”

“A boutique store on Embassy row, Sarah that sounds expensive, I can’t wear this it’s yours.” she says sadly.

“Kristina just shut up and look pretty.” she smiles as she runs to a plastic bag across the room and pulls out two eye masks one cream and one black both decorated with feathers and beads, “I brought us these.” she says excitedly as she walks over the Kristina and hands her the cream one, “It’s about to be six you should get going.” she says as she pushes her towards the door.

“You’re not coming with me?” Kristina says questioningly.

“I’m gonna get ready and meet you down there. I promise.” she says with another  smile as she hands her the red clutch purse from the other night and pushes her out the door. Kristina walks down the hall and into the elevator as she heads downstairs to the banquet hall.

"Girl, you are working that dress!" Heather exclaims, out of her usual professional  tone. "You look

amazing." She says to her as she reaches the door of the banquet hall.

Kristina blushes, "Thank you." she says with a smile. Before she goes inside she quickly puts on her mask and walks into the packed hall as she realizes all eyes are on her. Oh my God, they’re all staring, she panics as she breezes by people and makes her way to the refreshment table. She stands in front of the fruit statue as a waiter serves her a plate of fruits.

“Hey beautiful what’s your name?” a voice says from the side of her.

Kristina turns and sees an old man in a black tuxedo with his huge gut pressing against the buttons  of his white button down shirt as if he were going to explode. “Uhm,” she says nervously as she tries to quickly get her plate and get away.