Chapter 27

Kristina and Ian played for another hour until they were both sweaty and tired. They left the gym around 6pm and headed back to the house.

"I need a shower immediately." Kristina says as she drops herself on a chair.

"Me too. I'll go get you a towel and you can go to the bathroom upstairs." he says as he walks up the stairs.

Kristina nods her head and follows behind him. She walks inside of the guest room she slept in last night and saw her phone on the bedside table. She walks over to get her phone, to look at her messages. 2 missed calls and texts from her mom, 3 missed calls and 4 texts from Tio Mateo and 10 missed calls from Ann Schwartz, Malcolm's lawyer. No calls or texts from Javier, I guess it's really over with. She sighs deeply and calls her mom. Her mom picks up on the third ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey mom."

"Hey, I called you earlier."

"Yea, I went to eat and I went to the gym."

"You in the gym?"

Kristina laughs, "Yea, I played basketball. It was fun, I liked it."

"That's good. You come home tomorrow evening right?"

"Yes mam' I do."

"Okay good. I have to go pick up your brother from tutoring so I'll talk to you later. Love you, bye."

"Love you too mom." she hangs up then hears a soft knock on the door. "You can come in."

"Hey, here's a towel. If you need anything else, let me know. I'm going to take a shower myself." he says as he places the towel on the bed and turns to walk out.

"Ian, thank you for today."

"No problem." he says as he walks out.

Kristina takes the towel and heads to the bathroom. She stays in for about 5 minutes and gets out. When she gets back in the room, she finds a large pink T-shirt with a monkey on it and grey yoga pants. She throws it on and puts her hair in a pony tail. She hears a soft knock at the door.

"Come in."

Ian walks in with just a towel wrapped around his waist. "Hey. Are you hungry? Cause I ordered pizza." he says a he brushes his wet hair.

Kristina gaps at his body, "Whoa, too much for my eyes." she laughs nervously as she looks as his muscular toned dark skin body, glistening with water droplets.

"Don't stare too hard." Ian laughs as he continues to brush his hair, "I ordered one Chicken and Bacon and one Pepperoni and sausage pizza."