Chapter 2

“I’m tired, Javier let’s switch,” Sarah says.

“Weren’t you feenin’ to drive though?” he says to her.

“Come on!” she groans.

“No way girl.” he says dryly.

Kristina opens her eyes, hearing “Cole World” by J. Cole blaring through the car speakers she realizes she’s still laying on Javier’s chest she quickly pulls herself up. “What time is it?” she says groggily.

“Time for Javier to start driving,” Sarah shouts from the front of the car.

He snorts, “It is 8:28am.”

“Where are we?” Kristina asks.

“We’re on the IS-295 about to hit Delaware,” she responds to Kristina then looks at Javier through the rear view mirror, “Javier please,” she pleads.

“I said no and we’re almost there anyways,” he says.

 “I’m hungry, we should stop to eat,” Kristina says.

“Yes we should, and then Javier could drive the rest of the way,” Sarah says.

“I’m not driving though,” Javier shouts at her.

Kristina sighs as she looks out the window and sees a sign for the next Rest Area with a gas station, McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell in the next 3 miles. “Let’s stop at the next rest area,” she says as Sarah and Javier get quiet and drove silently for the next 10 minutes listening to “Last Call” by Kanye West, before they drove into the rest area.