The final battle~ Clint

⚠️TW death, mentions of depression and anxiety ⚠️

But also I did a gender neutral reader just trying something new

I could feel it, my clock was having its final ticks. The battle I had fought in for years was coming to an end, I was weak, my body was waving the flag of surrender. Everyone was tired, no one could go on for much longer.
The enemy won, I had surrendered, I could hear my mother weeping at my bedside, my father was trying not to cry as he gripped onto my hand, the slow beeping of the machines that once helped me to keep going, my vision was slipping from me. Everything had become blurry before dark.
No light, no people just darkness. Life after death was all a lie, I could feel myself dissolve into nothing, almost as if I was dust.
All the problems that had plagued me gone, the depression, anxiety, the lack of sleep, all washed away within my final breath I took.
I couldn't remeber the last time I had truly smiled, the last time I had an icy pole, the last time i thought I was in love, the last time i could truly enjoy life to the fullest until I couldn't.
I had now left everyone behind, my dad ,the avengers, my mum, my three siblings, my boyfriend Peter.
The oldest child of Hawkeye had now become one with the wind hawks ride on.
Clint POV
I heard the machine flatline as my wife began sobbing holding onto our child's hand.
I walked out of the room and sat in the hallway crying, the sounds of my wife crying the flatlining echoed through my ears.
I called Nat crying
" Nat they're gone my child they're gone Nat."
"Oh Clint, oh Clint I'll Uhh let everyone know so you want me to Uh tell the other three and Peter?"
"Yes Umm please, tell the kids that Y/n is at peace now and that they love them and Umm in the second drawer of Y/ns drawers they had a few things for their siblings and some things for Peter please a list to go through can you leave the list in my room please?"
"Yes absolutely Clint I'll see you tomorrow okay? Please go be with Laura."
We hung up, I saw nurses running towards the room as they went to turn the machine off and began the precedents.
I broke down as Laura sat with me crying and holding onto me, I wanted to be the one on that bed, I wanted to be the one that had taken away my child's pain so they didn't suffer. That's what a parent is supposed to do but I failed my child and now they were gone and I was stuck here.
I saw Peter run down the hallways looking like a mess as he saw me and Laura on the floor. The poor boy sat down with us and cried, I held onto Peter as we all cried.
Peter screamed as pulled him into my chest, holding onto him as he began to shake with all the emotions running high through his body.
Three weeks later
Their body had been placed in the ground, every person attending the funeral stood around the grave crying.
I held onto Laura as we both cried and as she screamed.
I stayed staring at my child's name in the gravestone, if it was a cartoon their grave would be sparkling. Their birthday and death date engraved in the grave, ' loving child, partner and very much loved avenger'
That was also engraved close the bottom, I looked at the words and the photo used for the grave and wondered would could've been if they had lived a full life, if they had decided to have kids or travel the world, keep saving the world with the avengers or each new avenger that came through, hell maybe marry Peter and stay in Queens together like they planned.
But I was proud of them and how they had fought their final battle so well, how they managed to stay so strong even till the end.

Wow, so originally I had written this is class on a google doc, but I added all the marvel and Clint part but the actual blurb where the reader dies was inspired by me thinking about the fault in our stars, and how I imagined Hazel dying.