across the room ~ Wanda

Male!R x Wanda

she loved Vision and I loved her. 

Tony was having another party to celebrate something, maybe it was something important but it didn't matter. You watched from a lonely corner, as she danced and hung to Vision, the music was loud but it felt as though it came from another room. 

Natasha walked over, she knew about the crush and promised to never tell. "Hey." I turned and smiled at Natasha. She offered me a drink and I accepted my eyes never leaving Wanda. "I think she likes you, the walls are thin, they've been arguing lately." I nodded my head, it was wrong to jump with joy but I wanted to, I wanted to go up to Wanda confess my love and kiss her and make the world disappear, but it was just a thought. 

"Maybe if you wait a little longer she might, I dunno maybe realise you're standing there, but I'm not saying you should instanly move on but maybe it's time to  start looking, maybe find another crush, eat pray love or some shit but I'm saying maybe she's not the one like you think she is?" Natasha had a point but it still hurt. "At the end of the day Y/n she might choose you or she might choose him and she'll be happy with either choice but you have to face reality she might choose Vision." Natasha walked away, she was right but there was that little bit of hope but each time I looked up that hope died within me. 

I walked out of the party just as the song finished playing and Vision got down on one knee pulling out a ring from his pocket.