Loving you from afar ~ Tony

Gender neutral!Reader X Tony Stark

She had this massive ring on her finger. Pepper Potts and Tony Stark were engaged. She was so happy and he held the biggest grin on his face. An arm was wrapped around her waist. They were the perfect couple. I could admit that but it hurt knowing that whilst he was basking in this fame and glory, I was the one that understood every scar of his, every emotion wound, every physical wound. I was just his late night call up.
I sat on a couch in the back of the room, swirling my drink around. I watched as they shared a picture perfect kiss on the dance floor. They were so picture perfect, maybe that's why she wasn't a risk I wanted to be the one in his arms, the one he was whispering sweet nothings into my ear, I wanted to be the one he kissed on the dance floor.
I wished we could be like that.
I held back tears as the couple was called up for speeches.
"Ahem, welcome everyone, Potts and I would love to thank you all for coming, this took a while but you know me, it had to be the best ring I could find for my girl." I scoffed at his words. Their relationship was nothing but business and arguing. "Uhh, you know life has been so busy but I just cannot wait to share this busy life with Pep."
The crowd erupted in cheers and applause, I just sat there. After Peppers whole speech about how Tony drives her crazy I stood up to leave. I caught Tony's eye and he caught mine.o quickly moved to the elevator. "Y/n!" I turned and saw Tony running my way.
"Y/n, leaving so soon?" I nodded my hand as I folded my arms across my chest.
"Listen Tony, congratulations but this isn't a game, what you and I do it can't go on any longer, you're about to be a married man for gods sake." His heart broke with my words, I could see it in his eyes. "Tony, I'm loving you from a distance and I just can't do that anymore, Fury gave me a job in Australia, I'm moving away, I really hope you find happiness in your marriage with Pepper." I heard the elevator ring as it signalled that the doors were opening.
I cried as it took me to level I stayed in. I looked over New York, a view not like I've seen before. I just thought of Tony. I just thought about everything about him. I just thought about how he felt, did he really love me like he promised. Did he not love me enough to be seen as his in public.
All I did was love him from afar