Baby steps ~Tony

Gonna be long like really long

also instead of Tony dying it'll be Steve

Your mum had left you at your dad's Tony Stark front doorstep

Your mum had left you at your dad's Tony Stark front doorstep. Well it was really no surprise that your dad's playboy ways would possibly give him a child. You became close with Pepper she felt like a mum to you. She was more of a parent than Tony but you knew your dad was always working. But you noticed he started to forget things as you got older.

One day when you were 15, Happy had other business to attend and couldn't pick you up so everyone assumed your dad was picking you up. But he "forgot", so you sat on the curb of your school for two hours waiting for your dad. But he didn't show up so you called Pepper.

"Hey Pepper, I think dad forgot to pick me up can you come get me please?" You ask on the verge of tears, you hated your dad in that very moment.

"Yes of course, I was looking for you, Nat was asking where you were for ballet lessons."

"Thanks Pepper you're the best, I'm tired so I'll sleep while I wait for you."

"No Y/N please stay awake I'll be there soon."

"Okay Pepper I'll try."
You hang up the phone and started to watch a YouTube video . You were only waiting for about ten minutes when Pepper pulled up.

You get in the car and instantly fall asleep, not wanting to disturb you Pepper went the long way back to the tower while she talked to Happy on the phone.

"He left her there for two whole hours. Has he done that before or have you always been there?"

"Once she was 12 and I was sick Tony was doing something and he left her there for an hour before she called me and I came straight away."

"How did she react?"
"Well when we got back to the tower Tony apologized and spent time with her. And Y/N seemed fine."

"Okay well she's asleep and can't imagine Tony's worried sick."

"I gotta go Pepper spider boy is killing me, Bye."
" See you Happy."

You had arrived back at the tower, but Pepper didn't realise you were pretending to sleep towards the end of the drive and heard her conversation with Happy.You got inside and the whole team was there, wait hang on one person was missing and you knew who. It wasn't a surprise but you were tired so you decided to yell at your dad later.

2 hours later

You woke up to find Nick Fury next to your bed reading a book that was found somewhere in your room."Ah Miss Stark you're awake."

"Nick Fury to what do I owe the pleasure of seeing you again?" Nick looks at you, he was always nice to you, Nick let you play with Goose when you were at SHEILD he would let you follow him around SHEILD when you were little but you knew when things were serious with the both of you when he had this look on his face. One that told you time to listen.