Need you now~Steve part three

After Steve and Bucky disappearance you met a man of the name Howard Stark. He created an experiment of having someone in a coma state and putting them in ice. He wanted to see if that person would be able to survive. Well it worked.
You had learned of Howard's assassin and his son, Tony Stark, a boy too much like his father.
You had moved in with Tony. You enjoyed his company, he was fascinated with stories of the forties and his father. You smiled at him, even though Howard was cold at times you could see the curiosity in Tony's eyes just like his father.
One day Tony came back telling you about this group Fury was forming. A group called the avengers, it sounded interesting and you thought it was a great idea until Tony said. "Fury wants you and Steve to join." You shook your head. You knew of his story, you knew of the plane crush and the survival in the ice.
"No Tony I can't every time I'm around him I got so angry, I told you why but I just can't I'm sorry please tell Fury I politely decline." You got up and went to your room when you heard talking at Tony's door.
This made you stop and look back, you saw Steve what looked to be Begging Tony for something, you could see the tears on his cheeks.
You walked slowly down the stairs to hear more.
"Please Tony I need to see her."
"No she doesn't want to see you."
"Please I miss her."
"Is that what you said when she came back from Russia all those years ago?"
"Please Tony I need her."
"The hell you don't!"
"Please Tony I need to talk to her."
"No leave."
You had decided to try and sneak away but someone started calling your name. Curse you heels.
You slowly turned and saw Steve with the biggest bags under his eyes.
He looked pathetic and half dressed he started to cry and walk towards you (if you get that slightly mended reference I will be very happy) I tried stepping back. He stopped just a little bit away from me.
"Y/n"
"Steve."  You nodded at him.You stepped back a little bit more. "What do you want Steve?"
"I need you back Y/N please?"

"You can't just ignore someone break their heart after telling them you loved that person that never contact them again and then one day claim you need them Steven."
By this point Tony and Pepper had gone down to his lab but were gonna watch this on the security cameras.

You and Steve held a staring contest, he knew you were really hurt by now by the way you had said Steven.

" I'm very sorry Y/N, I really did love you but then you left and I was lonely and I met Peggy-"

He stopped talking, you could see the smile on his face, one you knew meant he really loves Peggy.

"See you said did love you thats past tense Steven okay, I still love you but the way your eyes sparkle or when you smile at just mentioning her name,  you never really loved me Steve I guess you thought you did but maybe it was just attraction."
You steeped back.
"And maybe you two are soulmates but I can't fill that void she once held and I really liked Ted I thought was nice, and I see why you liked her, so please but claim you need me when you don't, okay just go back to wherever you're staying and please don't comeback."
You turned and left. You sat on your bed looking at photos of your parents and friends. Smiling at the happy memories.