𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈 ー 𝐰𝐢𝐧/𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞

Rolling onto her back and taking a deep breath in, Sierra lovingly smiles up at the shirtless man to her right. Not entirely awake as her eyes flutter despite her efforts to stave off the fatigue.

"Everything alright?" Kaden's husky voice startles her. A slight cockiness in his tone. She glances from the side of his face to the phone in his hand, the morning sun oozing around the blinds making her squint.

"Yeah, why wouldn't it be?"

"Just wondering. Did you have another nightmare? You were breathing a little... fast." There's a hint of knowing suspicion in his tone.

"I was?" She sits up and he hums in affirmation. "I meanー yeah it was just a bad dream that's all."

"Really? Do they usually make you all hot and bothered?"

"What?" She nervously laughs, rubbing the side of her flushed neck. The pink settled in her cheeks deepening a few shades with all of the attention now drawn to them.

"I've seen you have a nightmare many times before. Not once have you ever moaned."

Her mouth opens and closes, face redder than a cherry. "Iー I don't know what you're talking about."

"You don't usually moan my name either."

Gasping, she pushes the covers back and quickly makes her way into the en-suite. His mouth curls into a knowing smirk as the shower springs to life with the water cooler than usual. Abandoning the phone on the bed, he follows her footsteps.

Sierra observes him through the glass as he rids himself of his shorts before joining her beneath the stream. That cocky smirk that makes her swoon still lingering on his mouth.

"I hate you," she breathes against his lips, hands slipping around his neck to pull him closer.

○ ○ ○

Checking her appearance in the mirror and shaking her curls, the teenager then skips down the stairs and drops her bag onto the sofa on her way to the kitchen.

As she grabs her bottle of water from the fridge, Grayson towers behind her with a hand on top of her head while he reaches for a drink.

Hope ducks under his arm with a grin, jumping up to ruffle his perfectly styled locks. He easily dodges her hand, flicking her long curls into her face.

Bunny barks at their feet, paws resting against their legs. Hope pats her thigh and runs away, letting the dog chase after her with his tongue sticking out.

Sierra lowers her foot from the bottom step, raising it to let the ball of fluff race past before stepping down. Fingers laced with Kaden's, the couple halt when Hope circles them, giggling to herself as Bunny yaps and squeezes between their legs to race after her.

Grayson tosses his brother his keys while Sierra removes the knife dropped behind a cushion, returning it to its owner. Hope raises her fists, grinning at her uncle who playfully swipes the weapon through the air. Their movements slow as they pretend to fight.

She yelps when her father suddenly grabs her from behind, gently hitting his arm. He flashes a grin and playfully hooks it around her head, huffing a laugh when she pokes his sides.