PART THREE / KAI PARKER

Y/N had plenty of doubts when it came to herself. She wasnt the most interesting and was always the quietest in school. Popular kids didnt like her, she always had her nose stuck in a book and always went to church every Sunday with her family and still spent weekends with her grandmother. She wasnt up to date with current slang or terms, didnt understand the thrill of having a boyfriend and why everyone rubbed it in her face. Was never even interested in boys and focused on school work.

Until she met Kai. She had this major crush on Kai Parker, she wasnt sure if he was even a student but always hung around with the popular crowd like Elena Gilbert and Caroline Forbes and Stefan Salvatore. Hed randomly appear on campus and hed brush by her with a grin and call her sweetheart. The thought made her heart flutter. She could picture and still smell his musky and cologne as a he brushed by this morning.

Other days he wouldnt show up and shed be left daydreaming about him. Today, he was somewhere on campus while Y/N was in study hall and trying to do homework and get it out of the way before she went home to nap. She hadnt seen him in quite a few hours and now she was getting anxious.

The librarian snickered as she passed and thats when Y/N realized she was still day dreaming, mindlessly staring at the window and tapping her pencil. Y/N closed her eyes and willed Kais face out of her mind and continued scribbling stuff on paper. Everything seemed to be going to plan until a gorgeous girl with a short skirt approached her and sat down seemingly friendly.

Y/N looked up curiously and the girl she recognized was even more popular than Elena herself which was almost impossible. H-hi... Socializing wasnt Y/Ns strong suit either. She always felt like she bugged everyone and just kept her mouth shut. The goddess huffed and innocently crossed her arms.

Word in the halls says youve got a thing for that newbie Kai Parker? How cute. Okay she seemed friendly enough. Y/N smiled but didnt respond, it wouldnt matter if he found out, he always had girls clinging to him and he doesnt even know she exists other than calling her Sweetheart every other day. Well stop. The girls face fell into a scowl. Y/Ns heart started pounding and her palms were sweating at the sudden confrontation.

I uh... The girl gently grabbed Y/Ns hand and the cold skin on hers made her jump.

You poor thing. I said stop. Im letting everyone whos infatuated with him know that we are going on a date later. The girl pouted. Okay? So your fantasizing is over.

Y/N coughed and wasnt sure how she should react. She cant say she was hurt but maybe disappointed. Of course he wouldnt be interested in her. Y/N was just always too quiet and no guy could ever be interested ever. It seemed impossible to her. O-okay.

She pushed her framed glasses up her nose and then looked up at the dark stranger standing over them only to realize he wasnt a stranger. Claiming me already hun? Kai waved at the goddess who was sitting in utter embarrassment. He had a knowing smirk on his lips and Y/Ns heart fluttered, she collected her things and realized he intimidated her so much that she had to leave.

Oh! Kai! I just- She started to explain but Kai grabbed the goddess by the shoulders and spoke slowly at her, staring deeply into her eyes. Y/N rolled her eyes. Were they going to kiss before her?

As if in a trance, the schools most popular girl walked away lazily as if nothing had ever happened and no recollection of the confrontation had ever happened. Y/N cleared her throat and looked up at Kai, then looking down at her feet and turning on her heels to leave.

But a large hand caught her shoulder and wouldnt let her leave. Y/Ns heart skipped a beat. Man cant girls be so mean to each other? He casually continued the non existent conversation. Y/N nodded but didnt say a word. Wow you really dont say much.