PART ELEVEN / KOL MIKAELSON

Smiling happily, you balanced the box of donuts in your arm, a bottle of pop tucked under your arm and two glasses in hand, the plastic topping of a blood bag carefully clamped between your teeth as not to pop it, as you carried everything through to the adjoining room.

Shuffling your way through the large living area of the compound, you dropped everything unceremoniously on the table, the glasses almost rolling away. The bottle hissed as you opened it, freshly fizzy, pouring yourself a full glass and placing it back down. Kol, however, simply tore the entire top of the blood bag off with his teeth, pouring the contents into a cup and placing the cooled red liquid beside your own sparkling beverage, a playful wink directed your way as he licked a spare bit of blood from his thumb.

Remote in hand you slumped down onto the sofa beside your best friend, falling slightly from your own momentum and rolling into him. With a jump, you yelped, looking at him with wide eyes as he looked back at you in panic.

What?! His eyes scanned the room, detecting no threat, landing back on you.

Youre cold! You whined, poking his arm as you turned to him and he rolled his eyes, sighing.

Yeah, well, I am dead. He muttered, sarcasm dripping from his tone and you huffed, shoving him slightly. Youve just never noticed because I never wear t-shirts, I thought maybe I should try and look normal, considering the heat, no person would be wearing- what the fuck are you doing?! He panicked, again, but for other reasons as you seated yourself happily against him, hands under his shirt as you adjusted his arms around you, one of his hands resting on your stomach and the other on your waist.

Disregarding his tense form and state of panic, you made yourself comfortable and he began to relax, enjoying the feeling of you in his arms and ignoring the way his heart fluttered slightly as he smelt your perfume, your smile putting him at ease.

I cannot believe you have been holding out this information from me! You can be, like, my personal cold-pad for the summer heat! You smiled, looking up at him to find him already watching you with a smile. That okay?

Well, why not? He sighed, rolling his eyes as you mock cheered, when in reality, his heart was soaring, and he was sure had it actually beat it would be thumping rapidly against his chest right now. Your warmth had always brought him comfort, he despised his cold skin and always worn long sleeves in front of you in hopes of covering up, but he felt as though he should at least try and look normal while wandering the streets of New Orleans during this heatwave, and had resorted to wearing t-shirts and shorts.

Despite his previous unenthusiastic approach, hed actually come to rather enjoy the clothing, and had nothing to hide now that he found you loved that colder aspect of him too.

Having just returned from a run with Rebekah, the purpose of which you really werent sure of, youd stumbled into the compound kitchen, gasping for breath with aching feet. A chuckle left Klaus lips as the three boys looked up at you both.

One of you, was standing with her hair still perfectly slicked back into a ponytail and not even a glimmer of sweat on her forehead, breathing calm and steady as she stretched off.

That was not you.

You were panting, frantically, and leaning against the counter, red in the face and overheating. I fucking hate all of you. Someone get me some damn orange juice before I die right here. Your hand slipped on the counter as you tried to pull yourself up, cold hands on your waist catching you and easily lifting you to sit on the counter. The same fingers slid along your calf to your ankle, slipping your trainers from your feet and letting them drop to the floor. Accepting the orange juice Elijah was holding out for you, you leant further into the cold presence before you, Kol pushing your sweat-matted hair from your face.