THIRTY-FIVE / ELIJAH MIKAELSON

Y/N? The familiar voice was like a bucket of ice, pulling her from her heated moment with Elijah.

Elijah turned his face, and saw Matt Donovan standing in the doorway.

Y/N peaked over his shoulder, and when her eyes locked onto Matts her stomach turned. He was crushed.

Matts jaw tightened and he nodded, looking down at the floor. Sorry, I was just looking for a place to clear my head, I didnt know anyone was in here, he stumbled. He turned to leave and Y/N called after him, hopping down from the desk and out of Elijahs grasp.

Matt, wait! She shouted, catching up with him in the hall.

Matt turned, his face crestfallen.

She smoothed her dress down and tucked her hair behind her ears. Im sorry.

Matt shook his head. Dont be, his voice was strained. We broke up, remember? He turned on his heel and walked away without looking back.

Y/N stood in the hall, watching Matts retreating form. She groaned. What had she gotten herself into?

Elijah approached a moment later, standing beside her quietly, his shirt and bow tie impeccable once more.

She kept her eyes forward, avoiding his gaze.

Y/N- he began.

She shook her head. I shouldnt have kissed you, Im sorry, she stepped forward and Elijah caught her arm, turning her around.

Im not, he gulped. His chestnut eyes were unsure but hopeful. Ive wanted to do that for a long time, he whispered. Let me take you home.

She swallowed nervously.

Y/N, he leaned into her, keeping enough distance between them so no one stumbled upon them again and speaking softly, so he wouldnt be overheard. I would very much like to finish what we started in there. His breath grazed her cheek and she shivered.

She nodded slowly. Yea, she mumbled nervously, Elijah clouding her senses. Okay.

Okay, he smiled.

She couldnt help the grin that spread across her face, when she remembered her date. Shit, she muttered. Damon.

Elijah clenched his jaw.

She smiled apologetically. He was my ride, and I just dont want to be rude.

Of course, he nodded politely.

She threw her thumb over her shoulder. I should go take care of that.

He looked down at his feet, his chest feeling heavy once more, but Elijah was nothing if not patient.

Meet me at my place in an hour?

His eyes shot up and he grinned.

She disappeared quickly, anxious to leave the party as quickly as possible.

Thirty minutes later Damon was dropping her off at her place with a knowing smirk. Not the exact evening I had in mind, he teased.

She leaned against her doorway. Im pretty much the worst date ever, huh?

He shrugged. It wasnt all bad, he winked. Besides, I could use a little less complications and a few more friends in this town.

She smiled sweetly. Friends, Id like that.

He hugged her and wished her luck before getting in his car and driving away.

Ten minutes later Y/N was standing in front of her mirror, checking and triple checking her hair and makeup. She fidgeted, her nerves eating away at her. She wondered briefly if she should change, but decided against it. She hiked her dress up quickly, removing her panties. She tossed them in the laundry bin and smoothed out her dress again. She turned to rifle through her drawer for a sexier pair but was stopped by the sight of Elijah leaning against the doorframe of her bedroom.