Chapter 33

He looks at me as though I am some strange foreign thing. Its quite clear he doesn't know how to act around me. How would he? He only knew me as a bump in my mother's belly. I was his hope for the Enki, and my mother took that away from him. If I didn't think he was utterly villainous, I might actually feel sorry for him. But I didn't.

He wanders round the table, looking at me. I wonder if he will try to touch me or worse hurt me, but he keeps well away. I so badly want to break the silence but I refrain. I was his prisoner, so he could start the conversation. Tharn crosses his arms and leans back against the wall, clearly satisfied somehow.

"You are like a perfect blend between the both us. There is no denying that you are my child".

"I would hardly call me a child".

"You are to me kid. You are what, 18?"

"Not quite."

"You know how old I am?"

"Neolithic?"

"So she talked about me. Interesting. What did my beautiful wife have to say".

"Ex wife. She told me everything".

"Not quite ex, we are one, forever".

Wait. What. My father transitioned my mother? She left that part out.

"Yes we are connected, just like you and I are. But you already knew that part. Does it unnerve you to know I can hear your every thought?"

Lying here tied down to a bed in a hospital gown, my father hearing my thoughts was the least of my worries.

"I think there is no need for a family reunion. Why am I prisoner? Do you like to tie all of your family up."

"No, just the disobedient ones. I see you don't require any small talk. Good, I loath it also. I don't trust you. I don't know you. You are my child in name only, your mother saw to that. What did she end up calling you? Magnus tells me your human protector called you Rose?"

"Human protector? He is my father. He looked after me. He more than deserves your respect.."

Tharn instantaneously covers the space between us, grabs my face roughly and leans down.

"All shall respect me, little girl. And you will be the key to it."

So we got to the truth quicker than with Magnus. I try to wriggle my face free but he maintains his grip.

"I have this place so that no Enki can use their powers, mine included. But the pain I will cause you if you continue to disobey me will be swift and painful. I need your womb not the rest of you".

Tharn releases my face and walks over to a mental table. I hear the clanking of metal but I cannot see it. What is he going to do to me? I had forgotten for an instant that he was pure evil. I wouldn't make that mistake again.

Finally he returns, with a syringe. He roles up the sleeve of the hospital gown and sticks it in my arm. I watch as the liquid empties into my body and wait for any adverse effects. Thankfully none come.

"What was that?"

"A concoction of my own making. I gave it to your mother when she was trying to get pregnant. It worked for her, now it'll work for you".

"You believe that she wanted to get pregnant?"

"More than I. She believes in our cause. She just got a little sentimental during her pregnancy. It doesn't matter, she can choose to take another path. I have you now".

"She hates you and what you did to her. You forced her to have sex with multiple men. How could you allow her to be raped, the woman that you loved?"

He smiles at me and I recognise that same smile in myself. I also knew it meant that he was about to say something I didn't want to hear.

"That's how she recalls it? You've met Magnus? He has been my friend for a long time. I allowed him to lay with your mother. I don't remember her complaining."

I spit at him, as its all I can do.

"You are a bastard. How can you act like what you have done is a joke? She loved you and you treated so horrendously. You really believe that she wanted to have sex with other men. You are delusional. Do what you want with me Tharn. But don't act like you are an angel. You are an arsehole."

I tense up, preparing for something to happen but he just looks at me with a strange expression. Finally he speaks.

"I see a lot of myself in you Rose. It is a shame you can't seem to understand why we need to fight for our survival. You have the power inside of you. It is amazing. Euphoric. A gift. What purpose does it have if we let it fade away into existence. Do you really believe the world would be better without us?"

I don't answer straight away as I haven't really thought about it. I didn't know if the world would be a better place.

"I've been Enki for only days. I don't know how to answer that question."

He nods as if the answer pleases him.

"Magnus will be your mate. Ideally it would be better if he had transitioned you, but I guess Christophe did me a favour. Did you have sex with him?"

His answer shocks me, that I am momentarily stunned.

"No, of course not!"

"Have you ever?"

I feel my cheeks burn with embarassment. So Tharn couldn't be further away from a father, but it didn't make a difference when it came to the sex chat.

"I'll assume not then. Good. You are a daughter of the most powerful King and Queen. You deserve only the best of Enki".

Tharn releases the clamps that are holding my arms and legs down. I am suprised at how trusting he is being of me.

"I don't trust you Rose. I probably never will. But you are royalty and deserve some respect. Besides, Magnus refuses to touch you unless you consent. I agree with him. But be warned, you will give your consent. I think you realise by now that I am not to be crossed. You cannot escape. And even if you think about trying. Just know that Christophe is our prisoner. You want your creator to survive, then play nice."

He was alive and near me. And so I had hope.