Chapter 7

Christophe has asked me to meet him in the library for some further learning.

I am left with my thoughts as i walk back to my room. A lot has been revealed to me so far but I am still none the wiser.

Once I reach my room i slump onto my bed and wrap my fluffy dressing gown around me and allow time to just be cosy and safe.

It takes all the will in the world not to shut my eyes and fall asleep. My head is pounding with all my new knowledge. What does Christophe have in store for me? When will I get powers of my own?

I fish out my phone and try to turn it on. Nothing happens. I need to find a way to get out of here away from Christophe so I can text Tracey. She would be able to comfort me. She was always good at knowing what to say. I do miss her terribly.

I tuck the phone underneath my pillow and begin to search through my bags for something to wear. I would have loved to have a shower but I'm not sure how the plumbing works here. I'm not going to hold my breath.

I decide on a pair of black jeans and a black tank top . They were comfy enough to move about in but also looked formal enough for teaching. I'll have to ask Christophe if he requires me to wear a uniform i am in a 'school' after all.

In the corner of my room is a full length mirror and i take a look of my appearance. My eyes look tired and my long black hair is a mess. I am lucky to be blessed with lightly bronzed, clear skin so I never have to wear make up. Not that I wanted it. I've never had anyone in my life who taught me anything remotely girly.

I comb my hair in long sweeping motions allowing the natural oils to smooth it straight. The length of my hair required constant condition and priming. After my lessons today I'll need to push for a little creature comfort. If i am to give up so much i expect a little comprismise in return.

One last check in the mirror and I am ready to go. I make my way down the halls peeping in the rooms as i walk past. The building is truly beautiful in an antique sort of way. When the cobwebs are dusted away and the furniture restored to their glory it will be like a stately home fit for a king.

I meet with Christophe in the library and he is already seated on a couch. He is wearing grey suit trousers with a deep red fitted shirt and i notice his hair is wet. So there must be a shower somewhere.

He regards me but i see no sign of how he is feeling he looks lost in thought. It is light enough for the fire to remain unlit but for whatever reason he lights it with a flick of his wrist. I guess it's just another show of his power.

I take my seat in the old chair from last night and settle myself in for more storytelling. The fire warms my face and i stick my hands out to warm them. Christophe remains elusive as usual and stands next to the fire. He doesn't make any move to start a conversation so i begin with small talk in the hopes that it triggers him to reveal more.

"I wasn't sure what i should wear. I'm assuming that there won't be a uniform?"

Christophe turns to me and give me his lazy smile:

"This is a place of teaching but not in the traditional sense so you assume correctly. Wear what you like but do not draw attention to yourself. We are lucky that this building is miles away from civilization but that doesn't mean that we won't come across a few curious people."

"You dress so formal, is that because you are pretending that this is a school?"

"To the outside world i want this to look like a renovation of a very old abandoned house and myself as a successful business man who has made his fortune. The last thing i want is for people to start asking questions. Would it not look strange to you if there were only one pupil?"