Chapter 63

For the first time since I had woken up from my coma, I thought of Christophe. My father avoided me, spending his night in deep discussion with Joan. I even considered making friends with Amahle, but she wasn't interested in forming a friendship. It wasn't just because I was alone that I missed Christophe, it was because, for the first time since I had come back, I had time to think. Memories of my life before had come back slowly. Now that they were all back in place in my head I realised that Christophe meant something to me. I cringed thinking of how I had treated him before he left. I doubt we will be able to get back to where we were before. I was changed. 

I wondered what he was doing. I wondered if he was still alive. That shamed me to think I had been so hell-bent on the war that I hadn't even given him a second thought. I trusted him though. He was strong. The connection between us may have gone but I know I would feel it if he was no longer here. I could hear his voice in my head, calling my name. No. He was in my head.

Rose, they are here. Get everyone you have. 

I bolted with lightning speed. I had been on edge this whole time expecting an attack, now it was here my heart buzzed with excitement, or was it nerves? I reached out for Tharn and he responded to my alarm. He joined me with Joan as we flew out of the door of the lab. Once we were outside we stopped and looked across the clearing, there was nothing there. I looked at Tharn and Joan who looked back at me puzzled. 

Christophe, where are you? We are here. 

There was silence. 

I started to getting nervous, I searched Tharn's face to see if he was in communication with anyone, he just shook his head. In the excitement I hadn't realised that Joan had brought a broad sword with her. It was almost the size of her. If I hadn't been worried I would have laughed at her archaic way to battle. With all the power we had surely she didn't need a sword. She caught me staring at her.

"I find my sword a comfort. You must remember I had to stay hidden, I couldn't use my powers. But I could let it flow into my sword."

At second glance I could see the power that radiated from it. Clever. Hidden in plain sight.

I reached out for Christophe again. 

He didn't respond but I felt a power approaching and I knew it was him.

From out the forest I saw Christophe and my mother run at speed. 

GET INSIDE ROSE. WE CANNOT BEAT THEM. 

I was about to prepare to turn when I felt the power of The Mother rise in me. She whispered softly to me.

Elohim's army is approaching my child. You must save every Enki. Avoid the dagger. Use your power. 

I didn't think as The Mother's power pushed me forward. I ran towards Christophe and my mother not knowing what was to come.

Rose!  What are you doing. We must retreat. We cannot win.

I ignored him as I ran towards him. I smiled as I past him like a blur. He tried to reach out but I was too fast. 

I could sense something come towards me but I couldn't see it. A force blasting into me threw me several feet backwards. It was like hitting a brick wall. They were hiding from me which was annoying. 

"Show yourself!" 

Three pure lights appeared in front of me faster than the speed of light. But I was faster. I blasted one and they flew into the air. I was fast but I didn't expect their attack. A dagger came at me, I moved just in time, leaving it to slice into my shoulder. The pain seared through me. I rolled to the side as Tharn's energy blasted into one of the balls of light sending them flying. The light that had attacked me was sliced in half by Joan's magical sword. The light showed no pain it just disappeared. 

The light that I had pushed away was coming back. I could see the dagger stab forward but I was prepared this time. I dodged the attack and pushed my energy into its side. The light dissolved in front of me. I turned to my right to find Tharn on his back pushing his energy into the last light as the dagger drew perilously close to his heart. Joan took no time in slicing it in two with her sword. Just as I thought we had won another three lights appeared. Amahle appeared at my side pushing her energy into one.

Another two lights appeared and I just managed to avoid there attack. Christophe was by my side as they attacked me when I was down. He thew his body into both ending up in a tussle as they tried to stab him. My heart leaped. I drew on the power of The Mother, completely and utterly enraged. A ball of rainbow light slammed into the two that attacked Christophe. From the corner of my eye I could see another group of lights appear. My mother sent her energy towards them knocking two away but leaving three to stalk her. Thankfully, Tharn joined her side as they both took care of them.

As I took a breath, more appeared. I didn't have time to even feel helpless. We gathered together in a circle knowing that we were outnumbered. Call it reckless confidence but I knew that we would win no matter how many came at us. 

"You cannot win Elohim! The Mother is in me and she will not let you win!"

I couldn't tell if it was me or The Mother speaking. 

The lights paused which surprised me. One by one they disappeared as if commanded to do so.

A singular light appeared. I tensed, ready for action as its body took shape. Then I recognised it. The beautiful beam of light that had embraced me all that time ago. Time slowed down as I watched it walk towards me. Tharn threw his energy towards it but it dissolved within inches of it touching. The anger released from me as it approached. I couldn't explain why but I did not fear it. The light began to form into a human shape although I knew it wasn't. Just like I knew I wasn't. I was stunned by the naked human man that walked towards me. Its face was soft and beautiful, angelic. It smiled as it approached. It was then The Mother's voice caressed my ear stronger.

My child. Protect yourself. This thing is not a man you want. 

"STOP!" I yelled. 

The man stopped, his face not changing with its captivating smile. 

"Do not come any closer. I will attack you."

Still it smiled but it did pause, far enough from us to not pose a threat.

I began to get frustrated as it chose not to speak.

Instead it raised three fingers and tapped it twice on the palm of its hand and pointed towards me. What did it mean and why was it not speaking?

Frustrated I sent a blast towards it. With it right hand in a fist and its forefinger levelled across it. The attack dissolved in front of him. I went to send another blast towards him but he disappeared. I heard a roar of victory beside me. 

But why did I feel like we didn't win.