Christophe's Diary

Today was the day that Rose Renoit arrived to the house. I cannot place why but I was nervous. Maybe it was because I was in the presence of Enki royalty. Calista's one and only heir. The first child to be born for hundreds of years. She is hope when we have all but given up.

Calista wanted her hidden from the world to grow old and to die a relatively normal, safe life but she doesnt know what she is asking.

I agreed to protect her and the only way she can be protected is if she can protect herself. There are those that would use the girl, experiment to see if she was capable of producing more children. They would tear her apart from top to bottom to discover why she was so special.

Like they had tried with Calista.

She never spoke of what she had to endure during her years of captivity after the birth of Rose. Clearly she became no use to Rose's father but she wouldn't allow her child to be forced down the same path.

From the limited information that i could peace together from what I heard from other Enki she escaped the torment of Rose's father with her child. However she couldn't keep Rose and thus she passed on the protection of her child to a stranger.

Now Rose was being passed to me for protection. I wouldn't let her be trapped of her fathers fate.

When i finally approached Jack Renoit her human protector he tried to fight me. It was futile but I did respect him. Eventually i forced his hand and he had no choice but to give the girl to me.

Today when I watched her step out of the beat up truck the sun shone briefly on her through the storm clouds. She was so beautiful.

I will have to keep reminding myself of my job. To protect her. Being in close contact with her when i shook her hand it was well...magical.