Chapter 2

As soon as Amina was back in her room with Genya starting up her hair again, she let the confusion take over but when Genya asked what was wrong, she simply said a quick 'nothing, just thinking'.

This is what leads us to now as Amina petulantly stares at Aleksander like he's a puzzle she can't solve. That is until Zoya smacks her upside the head. She yelps, drawing a couple of eyes to her including his. Amina lowers her voice, surprised that she was now hyper-aware of when he was looking at her. She mentally scoffs at herself before winking at him. She takes a sip of her drink when she sees him winking back at her. For the first time. EVER. She chokes on her drink, spilling it on her kefta. Aleksander chuckles, immediately silencing it when she shoots him a glare. Genya covers her mouth trying to conceal her laugh while Zoya doesn't even try. She excuses herself, elbowing Zoya on her way out.

As she walks to her room, she hears footsteps behind her. She lets it go on until she's a hallway away from her room. Turning around, she comes face to face with the very person she'd been thinking about all night.

"Aleksander! What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to see your adorable face"

She blinked owlishly at his forwardness. He never flirted with her, it was always the other way around.

"Are you feeling alright?" she asked, putting a hand to his forehead.

He took a hold of her hand and placed it on his chest. Then in the cheesiest voice, he could muster, he said,

"Only lovesick."

Her eyes grew comically wide at the comment. He didn't think he'd ever seen anything more adorable. He pinched her cheeks, cooing at her before pecking her on the cheek and walking away like nothing happened. She stood there frozen for 10 minutes not even sure if that actually happened. She'd had a crush on him for a long time but she never thought he would like her back. If only she had looked over her shoulder, she would have seen the ever-stoic Aleksander Kirigan do a small victory dance for flirting with her without turning into a spluttering mess. They had both gone to bed with small smiles on their faces that night.