Chapter 17

Everyone in the dining hall covered their ears as they heard high-pitched, loud squeals erupt from Zoya's and Genya's mouths. Ivan and Feyjdor had already known about the proposal, seeing as Aleksander asked them for permission. But as soon as Zoya returned, Mina broke the news to both her best friends.

They were both incredibly happy for her and even Cassiopeia seemed to sense this as she too let out joyous laughs. At this point, everyone was sure she was a heartrender.

The couple decided to have the wedding fairly quickly before Cassiopeia gets to the age where she starts to need more attention. That would potentially make it harder for Amina to plan the wedding.

Thus, they only had about 4 months. This was extremely short notice but with the help of their friends, they were sure it could work.

The king and queen insisted on helping with wedding preparations. Well more like forced them to allow it. Alexander was about to strangle them if not for Ivans's hold on him.

He had to take care of Cassiopeia and he couldn't do that when the king kept telling him to get a nanny while he planned the wedding.

He clearly didn't know not to mess with General Kirigan and his child.

The next day, the king had unexpectedly woken up with sparkly powder all over his room. And all his servants were suspiciously absent.