Chapter 32

"Aleks?"

"Alekkkkkksannnnnder?"

"Pay attention to me," Amina whined from her spot on her husband's desk.

"We were making out just a few minutes ago, sweetheart."

"And I don't see your point," she said in a matter-of-fact tone.

He sighed and went back to doing his work.

"Aleksander?"

She was quiet for a few moments which worried him. He looked up, only to see her making motions and signs with her hands, which he recognized as sign language.

"Why are you using sign langu-?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I just thought you were deaf since you weren't answering me when I try to talk to you," she snarked.

He sighed and tried to finish his paperwork again.

"You know what? Fuck you," Mina stated, slipping off his desk and turning towards the door. She seemed to be in a mood today.

"You already did."

She stood still for a moment, trying to decide if she should laugh or throw something at him.

"Pretty good too," he added.

"Saints," she grumbled.

"Your a little moody. Are you on your period or something?"

"I started my day in a pool of my own blood. Is that how you want to end yours?"

"So the answer is yes," he mumbled to himself.

A lamp was thrown at his head.

"Ok, ok. I'm sorry. Do you want me to get you food or something?"

"Abso-fucking-lutely."

Aleksander walked out to tell a servant to get food, leaving Amina in their bedroom. She had cramps and couldn't seem to find a comfortable enough position for her to not feel like she was getting stabbed in the gut.

By the time the general came back, she was laying on the ground, spreadeagle.

His eyebrows rose into his hairline as he cautiously set the plate next to her and backed away.

She instantly got up and started eating at a miraculously fast pace.

"Calm down Mina, you're eating like a pregnant person," he jokingly said. 

In truth, he didn't really care how much she ate. If she lost or gained weight. He still would think she's the most beautiful person ever. He just knew she would come up with a witty retort to his comment, which would take her mind of the pain she was feeling.

"I might not be pregnant but I am still eating for two. Me and my inner bitch, she likes waffles too."