Chapter 44

Genya had shown up to Amina's room not even ten minutes after she'd entered herself. She'd just shown Alina to her own room and made sure she was comfortable before walking into her and Aleksander's room and flopping down on her bed in pure exhaustion.

Genya joined the Heartrender on the bed, together gazing up at the intricate ceiling. 

"So what's she like?" she asked excitedly.

"She's.... ordinary. She was a cartographer in the First Army and at least part Shu."

"What was it like? When she demonstrated her powers I mean?"

"It was extraordinary," Amina breathed out.

"Powerful?"

"Very."

"More than the General?"

"Different than him."

Genya turned her head to look at Mina, smiling at the pure awe that she could see. 

"Be careful Mina, don't go falling in love with her," she joked.

"Oh it's very tempting, I gotta say," she said in mock seriousness. 

"I don't think Kirigan would take so kindly to that."

"Take so kindly to what?"

They both shot into a sitting position, hearing a new voice come from the doorway. Standing there was the General himself. The women started snickering causing him to send them a questioning look.

"Forget what we were talking about, but if you hear a rumor that I'm cheating on you with the Sun Summoner, just know it's not true."

"How can I be so sure?" He asked, sarcastically.

"You can't."