Chapter 11

She had called David to her chambers early in the early hours of the morning. She had slept in her own chambers and not Aleksander's for the first time in a while last night, so he didn't think anything was suspicious.

She had come up with a brilliant plan last night and needed the Ethereliki's help to carry it out. As David walked in, she quickly greeted him and told him the plan. He declined at first but was quickly on board when she mentioned Genya.

They worked until about 8:00 when breakfast started. She ushered him out at the exact moment Genya walked down the hall. The red-haired girl and Zoya were previously informed so she had extra support if needed. She smirked to herself as she gave David a push, making him stumble into Genya. They started a conversation and strolled to the domed hall to eat.

She slipped on her kefta and walked to Aleksander's room. She found them in the exact same position she found them every night. Cassiopeia on Aleksander's chest. The only difference would be if Amina was there, the general would also have an arm wrapped around her waist. 

Cassiopeia woke up before her father this time and decided to give Aleksander a sloppy kiss on the cheek to wake him up as well. As he was greeted with the faces of the two people he loved most in the world, it brought a smile to his face.

She bathed Cassiopeia and got her dressed in a small black kefta. The story behind the article of clothing was in fact hilarious.

She had gone to David one morning, asking for baby clothes to be made of the same bulletproof material keftas are made of for safety reasons. He had happily accepted knowing it was for Cassiopeia and started working on it. But later in the day, Zoya, Genya, and Fedyor had stomped into his room and demanded that a mini black kefta was made for the child. David had argued with Zoya until Genya stepped in. He quite literally melted into a pool at her feet and ended up making what they wanted.

She told Aleksander to go to breakfast with Cassiopeia and went to meet her little group in the garden. She went over the plan one more time with her two female best friends and collected the materials from David.

It was time to start the plan.