Chapter 12

Amina hurriedly went to her shared room with the general, knowing that he had to meet with the king in an hour.

She took the pink sparkly powder out of her pocket and dumped it into Aleksander's kefta, then his towel, then his shoes. She made sure to pour it in meticulously enough for him to not notice it till he used them.

Zoya had been instructed to inform all the squallers not to assist the darkling in getting rid of the stuff.

Genya had informed all the fabrikators not to assist him either.

But both commands were told that they were given by Amina and that she would make sure none of them get punished for her instructions.

She strolled into the dining hall as if nothing was wrong, yawning for effect. She told her boyfriend that she simply fell asleep accidentally and that was why she was late. She gave Cassiopeia to Ivan and reminded Aleksander that he had to get ready for his meeting.

She watched with bated breath as he walked out. Genya and Zoya were positively in tears from trying to hold their laughs in. She grabbed the two girls and hid behind one of the large vases outside Kirigan's bedroom.

After a long silence, they heard a frustrated yell from inside. They giggled as the doors burst open and out walked a furious general covered head to toes in bright pink shiny powder.

He immediately spotted them, stomping over and demanding they remove it now. The trio simply walked away as if they hadn't heard a thing.

As they finished their breakfast, they watched as a chuckling Ivan whispered something to each fabrikator and squaller but they all shook their heads. The thing is, They were all informed not to help the general but not for what. So there were still confused glances and gossip exchanged.

The whole ordeal was downright hysterical.