Chapter 15

Amina had gotten hurt during training. Her jaw had been broken and her teeth were bleeding. She lost quite a bit of blood causing her to be light-headed. This caused the domino effect and made her lose control of her powers giving her a loopy effect like she was on drugs. The healer that had come to her, informed her that bones take longer to mend which meant that she would be acting like this for a few days.

It was quite amusing for everyone else at the Little Palace but not for Aleksander. He had to constantly make sure she didn't get herself or someone else hurt. He noticed that she seemed to have a knack for it when she was in this state.

General Kirigan had entrusted the inner circle to care for Cassiopeia for these few days for safety reasons. At one point, Amina had accidentally lowered the heart rate of Ivan and Zoya. They were found in the corridor passed out a few hours later. They did not want a repeat of that incident.

Along with that she keeps unconsciously increasing blood flow to her mouth, no one really knows why but it happens, so Kirigan entrusted David to make special cotton for her to put in her mouth.

He meanwhile assigned guards to take care of Mina at all times but she somehow managed to stumble away from them. Well, escape was more like it. In her opinion, they were so stuffy, always around her like a safety net.

Her unstable mind then got another 'brilliant' idea. She should go get the cotton from David. She wanted to see him anyway. She wandered around for a little, marveling at the high ceiling as if she'd never seen them in her life until she finally found his room. She walked in and immediately found him molding something. She couldn't really find it in herself to care what it was. But as soon as she took a step towards his table, she tripped onto him, clinging like a koala when he caught her.

They were friends and it didn't make him uncomfortable or anything but he still needed to put the material in her mouth before she loses more blood. He did truly care about her well-being.

"What are you doing here, Mina?"

"I love you" she slurred, kissing him on the cheek.

He knew full well that she meant that completely platonically and he thought of her as a sister figure.

"I love you too, but where are your guards, you're not supposed to be anywhere without them while you're still sick" he admonished.

He cupped her chin in his palm, squeezing her cheeks with his thumb and middle fingers until lips parted enough so he could stick the cotton in her mouth. She kept stubbornly refusing to do it herself so he had no choice.

"But I wanted to see you without people following me around" she huffed, the words coming out muffled due to the stuff in her mouth.

"But if you don't want me here, then I'll leave"

She started to walk, or stagger was more like it, outside holding onto the wall for support the whole way there.

"No- that's not what i- Amina get back here!" She heard him yell down the corridor.

But she was already out of the room, seeing him run out of the room to catch up to her. She started to run away from him. Halfway through the chase, Ivan, Fejdor, Genya, Zoya, and a couple of other guards joined. She looked back, laughing like it was a game. To her, this was all highly amusing.

Then she unexpectedly smacked right into a hard chest and lost her footing until a strong hand steadied her. She drowsily looked up when she heard everybody's footsteps stop.

However, when saw that the person was Alexander, she sloppily gave him a kiss on the cheek, grinning brightly after. Her emotions have been going haywire as a side effect so it was a blessing when she was happy.

"Why were her guards not with her?" He asked, frowning at the people behind Amina.

But he soon forgot about that as she started crying, sitting on the floor cross-legged like a child.

"What's wrong Mina?" He asked frowning when she pushed him away as he tried to fix the cotton in her mouth.

In her haste to run, she didn't properly secure the material resulting in it becoming dislodged.

"You don't care about me," she cried in despair.

David grinned, Genya snorted into her hand and the rest just stood there with smiles at the hilarious scene before them.

"What do you mean I don't care about you, of course, I do" he corrected gently,

"No you don't, I want you to be my boyfriend but you don't" she cried harder.

He decided to ignore the fact that her argument made no sense.

"Sweetheart, I am your boyfriend," he chuckled.