Chapter 14

The conversation between Amina and Aleksander the next morning could be described in one word. Awkward.

Due to the dislike, the latter held towards Baghra and Amina's liking to her, they were tiptoeing the discussion around each other in order to not offend the other.

Thankfully, the stifling tension was broken by David who walked in with a giggling Cassiopeia on his hip. In the past months, the man had gotten closer to the inner circle and therefore was incorporated in it.

He seemed to sense something in the air though because as soon as he walked in, he turned on his heel and walked right back out as if nothing happened. Amina was sure she heard him murmur something along the lines of "It's too early in the morning for this".

Her eyes darted around the room before she tried to subtly run out of the room but apparently she wasn't so good at subtlety because he clearly noticed. He called out her name but she ran into the corridor before he even had the chance to stop her.

He sighed, moving to go to breakfast as well. He didn't even know why it was this awkward between them. The meeting wasn't that big of a deal. But he had a feeling that Amina just wanted to avoid the topic so he decided to let her. She doesn't need to speak about it until she feels like it.

Luckily, it appeared that the awkwardness was gone by the end of breakfast as they were all smiley by the time they finished.