Chapter 29

Cassiopeia was sitting on a chair in Nikolai's room, swinging her legs back and forth.

Nikolai was sitting on his bed across from her, forearms resting on his knees with a contemplating look on her face.

Baghra was sitting in an armchair diagonal to both of them with her arms crossed.

They were an extremely unlikely group.

A Heartrender 4-year-old.

A blonde-haired prince.

A Shadow Summoner mother.

They were all currently trying to solve the issue of their failed prank.

That's right. A prank.

They were all bored the day before and decided to team up. They had an excellent prank set up until it backfired on them, covering them all in multi-colored pigments.

"Aha!" Baghra yelled, figuring it out.

"All we have to do is-"

The doors had busted open, Fedyor walking through them, trying to suppress a smile.

"The General requests that you three are not allowed to stay in a room together unsupervised."

"What, why?" Cassi says in outrage.

"Oh, don't give me that look, Cassi, you know why. Your pranks. He said there was no way anyone would be safe from them if all three of you got involved."

"Somewhere out there a tree is tirelessly producing oxygen for you. I think you owe it an apology," Nikolai snarked at the brown-haired Grisha.

"Hey, I'm not the one who gave the order. Anyways, I have no sympathy for you guys," Fedyor said as he sat on the couch, examining his nails with a flourish of his hand.

"This is your fault for getting caught with the evidence of a prank gone wrong. Like you guys really forgot to cover the evidence?"

All three shot him a glare which he pointedly ignored.

"We should try pranking Amina again," Nikolai tried to say quietly so Fedyor wouldn't hear.

Emphasis on the 'tried'.

"She'll kill you in your sleep." Fedyor reminded him.

He wasn't wrong.