Chapter 36 - Laurent's Special Brand....

Laurent soon dragged himself up from his couch. As much as he was already missing Larry, he didn't intend to sit around moping all day. He first decided he'd finish cleaning the kitchen, something he hadn't done himself with any real degree of thoroughness in a while.  But for now, he was grateful for the temporary diversion; anything that would take his mind off his current train of thought.

Since Larry and Sofia had been staying with him, he'd given his cleaning service one less residence to clean for a while, mainly for security purposes. The few who knew Larry and Sofia's whereabouts the better. 

After he finished tidying up the kitchen, Laurent took care of a few other household chores before heading to his home office to place a few phone calls, among them a call to Garrett to inquire as to how his extended stay in DC turned out.

Later, in speaking with him, Garrett had informed Laurent that he was glad he and his men had decided to stay a few days longer in DC as they'd managed to drum up fresh business; enough to keep him and his men in the black for several months. Garrett always wanted to stockpile work, so he remained solvent.  Garrett had since returned to West Virginia late evening the previous day.

By now, Garrett had heard about the FBI raids in Nicaragua and now had open knowledge of what Laurent had told him about a corrupt UN Diplomat, and his massive human trafficking rings when they were planning their rescue of Larry and Sofia.  Garrett now had a name and a face, as well as a lot more information, thanks to the media coverage that was still dominating the national and international news cycles for the past few days.

Garrett had asked how Larry and Sofia were doing, and asked Laurent to extend his well wishes to the both of them. Garrett had also expressed to Laurent that if he was so inclined to go and hunt down Sandoval, he'd be glad to assist in "hunting the bastard down", as Garrett had so eloquently put it, and that he'd gladly do it pro bono, to which Laurent had chuckled and said he'd keep that in mind.  The two friends and former colleagues had talked a little while longer before they wished each other well and ended their call.

After his calls, Laurent took care of a few other business matters, but once done, what now, Laurent thought to himself. Nothing else managed to hold his attention. His thoughts had periodically gone to Larry and Sofia. He wondered how things were going with their interviews. He fought not to call his Chief and inquire, if his Chief even knew anything at this point.

He didn't want to rock the boat any more than he'd already done where Larry and Sofia were concerned.  Laurent knew he was already on shaky ground at best with them staying at his place, and not already been placed in protective custody.  He didn't know if or how long the current arrangement would last, so he decided against giving his Chief a call.

Laurent turned on his TV and sat down to watch the news to see if there had been any updates on Sandoval's capture. He was currently being referred to as the "mastermind" behind the international, recently discovered, and now raided, human trafficking conglomerate, so far Sandoval was still at large.  However, Laurent was more than pleased to hear that Sandoval's main henchmen, the men called Diego and Domino were now in custody. Sandoval was losing his main minions. It was just a matter of time before he too was captured.

Unable to sit a minute longer, Laurent considered making himself a cup of coffee but thought against it. He was already too keyed up.  He was antsy enough, with energy to burn.  He turned off the TV.  By now it was late morning, 10:40 a.m. Laurent decided he needed to blow off some steam.

He headed to his closet and pulled out some workout clothes.  He quickly changed into them, grabbed a towel from his ensuite, a bottle of water from his fridge and headed down to the building's fully equipped gym.