Chapter 7 - What Once Was Hidden, Comes to Light

Dressed down in jeans and a light-weight, dark pullover sweater, Laurent arrived at the Sandoval home with time to spare. He was anxious to get started with what he'd come to do and even more eager to see Larry again. After he rang the doorbell, he could hear a familiar voice through the door. His heartbeat sped up as a result. "I'll get it, Sofia!" he heard Larry say.

True enough, Larry greeted him at the door. For a moment, the two stared at each other, both, in their way fighting to control the joy they both felt at seeing each other again.  Larry smiled, shyly beaming, biting down on his lower lip.  "Good morning, Laurent."

Laurent returned Larry's smile, as well as the knowing look that passed between them. "Good morning, Larry."

Larry stood aside. "Come in. Manny mentioned he'd told you he'd be at work when you arrived." Larry closed the door behind him. "He said he left his log-on information for you."

"Yes," Laurent said. He came farther into the familiar foyer, fighting a powerful urge to pull Larry into his arms and ravishing him. Before being unexpectedly reunited yesterday, it had only been a few days since they'd been together, and it was already too long. Both, unbeknownst to the other, had equally felt that void? "How are you?" Laurent asked, his voice low and husky.

Larry's smiling eyes roamed Laurent's face before his gaze moved lower, hungrily eyeing his lips. "Better," he softly replied, "Now that you're—" His reply was interrupted when a tall man, with a burly build, wearing an ill-fitting suit approached them.  He looked to be in his late-twenties, early-thirties, and was sporting short dark hair, worn in a weird curly mohawk.  The big man eyed Laurent curiously.

A/N:  This is a picture of Miguel Hernandez, the slightly more congenial older brother to Pedro Hernandez

A/N: This is a picture of Miguel Hernandez, the slightly more congenial older brother to Pedro Hernandez.

Laurent recognized the man from the Sandoval file during his briefing. He recalled his name was either Miguel Hernandez or his brother, Pedro. He was reported to be on Sandoval's payroll, part-time, as a security guard and sometimes assistant, information now confirmed by Sandoval.

"Morning, Larry."

"Good morning, Miguel. Miguel, this is Mr. Bourgeois. He's here to fix Manny's computer and issues with the security system."

"Mr. Bourgeois." Miguel extended a big beefy hand, giving Laurent's hand a firm shake. "Yeah, Manny told me you'd be coming this morning."  Miguel, who even as tall as Laurent was at 6'4", stood a good two inches taller, looked Laurent up and down.  "So, you're the high-powered CEO computer whisperer Manny hired." 

Larry gasped slightly. "Miguel!  You're being rude."

Laurent quirked a brow, unfazed. "Were you expecting, ohh, maybe black horn-rimmed glasses, a pocket protector, maybe a face full of pimples?"

Miguel laughed.   "Yeah, man, maybe something like that.  Yeah.  Bourgeois, huh.  Strange name."

"Strange?"