Chapter 15 - Larry's Sad Truth

After ending his call with Playmo, Laurent sat back in his chair, wide-legged, introspective, looking out at nothing in particular.  His mind was in deep thought.  He hadn't needed Playmo to remind him of the risks he was taking in his relationship with Larry.  He knew the risks all too well, and he'd be lying if he said it didn't deeply concern him.

But he'd already decided he had to see all of this through to wherever it took him, and he wanted to continue seeing Larry.  Compromising on that wasn't an option.  Heaven help him, but he meant it when he said he couldn't imagine his life now without Larry in it.  But whether he pursued his relationship with Larry or not, one way or another, Sandoval was going down. No matter what, given that fact, Larry was going to be impacted in some way.

His thoughts went to his bunny, and what he was considering doing.  Laurent had to admit to himself that he felt more than a little guilty.  In a way it would be like tying Larry to a polygraph machine.  But he had to know if the Larry he's fallen in love with is the Larry he thinks he is and is truly innocent of the crap his husband is involved in.

Depending on how things went with Playmo's questioning of Larry, Laurent was considering telling him who he really was with respect to what he did for a living. He didn't want Larry to be completely blindsided when the shit hit the fan because there was now no doubts, given the amount of evidence coming in, of Sandoval's criminal activities, and as such, an arrest was imminent.  Additionally, given Sandoval's position as a UN Diplomat, a media frenzy would probably follow.  He wanted to protect Larry as best he could from the worst of it.

Playmo's assessment of Larry would be critical to Laurent. Playmo was a master at reading people, right down to even what a person's breathing pattern could reveal. Laurent found Playmo to be so skilled in this area that if he didn't know better, he'd swear he was psychic. Laurent was mostly sold on the possibility that Larry was innocent of any involvement in his husband's business dealings, but Playmo's observation and assessment of Larry could pretty much seal that for him.

While Laurent was trying to appease his guilt on the matter, he decided to call Larry to see if he was going to be available to come with him the following day to Playmo's place. The last time Laurent and Larry were together, they'd devised a special method they would use when contacting each other.  He would send Larry a cryptic message to let him know he was trying to reach him, and Larry would reply in a way that would let Laurent know if he was in a position to return his call at that moment, and vice versa.

While Laurent was contemplating calling Larry, his bunny was sitting at the desk of a bank officer, waiting for the officer to return with a certified check for fifteen thousand dollars, essentially closing out his account at his current bank, when he received Laurent's call.  Larry's face instantly lit up when he saw who was calling. He picked up the call on the second ring. "Hi!" he exclaimed, answering his cell.

"Hi, baby.  How are you?"

Larry smiled so big he was certain Laurent could practically see it through the phone. "I'm good.  At least I'm much better than I was."

"Whatdaya mean?"

Larry sighed.  "Manny called this morning.  We argued.  I got angry."

"You okay?  You wanna talk about it?"

"Maybe later.  I got some things off my chest with him though, so I'm much better now.  I don't want to waste our time talking about him.  Where are you?"

"I'm working.  I'm at a place here in Brooklyn.  You remember, I mentioned it?"

"Yes."

"Where are you?" Laurent asked.  "What are you doing?"