Chapter 23: The White Wolf and She-Wolf

CHAPTER SUMMARY: Bucky and Vicky start settling down in Wakanda, beginning their life together. Shuri comes to help Bucky with his rehabilitation. Becoming close with the Wakandans, the couple are nicknamed the White Wolf and She-Wolf.

During one of Steve's visits, Bucky finally decides to ask Vicky a question he's been meaning too for 70 years.

AUTHOR'S NOTES: This chapter is nothing but pure fluff and mostly original, except for the scene that takes place at the end of the Black Panther movie. I can't say anything more without spoilers, so just read ;D

A song recommendation for this chapter would be "Wolves" by Selena Gomez.

Everlasting Love from Brooklyn

Chapter 23: The White Wolf and She-Wolf

In order to help them return back to a normal life, King T'Challa had sent the couple to a Wakandan village near the River tribe to help Bucky begin his recuperation while the Tribal council kept a close eye on his progress. The moment they arrived, they were warmly greeted by families who welcomed their new neighbors.

Spotting the river running along the area, Bucky put his one arm around his love who leaned in towards him, enjoying the peaceful bliss. Everything was going to be fine now. They could finally settle down and stop fighting wars. Taking in a breath, smelling the nature around them and feeling the warmth of the sunshine, they both felt content.

T'Challa motioned for the couple to follow as he showed them their new living arrangements. It was a small hut, but cozy enough for two. This was where their life together truly began. While Bucky felt a bit bad about not being able to help out as much with one arm, he did what he could to help Vicky. The other villagers helped as well, becoming close with the couple to the point the children would often end up playing with Bucky and Vicky.

Currently, Vicky was snuggled on top of Bucky's chest, both in a deep slumber as the sun was beginning to rise for the morning. Despite her comfort, the Rogers sister was battling a terrible nightmare. It had been awhile since she had been haunted by his face again.

Vicky was standing in the snowy climate. The cold breeze of winter chilling her nose like jack frost nipping at her nose. In front of her appeared the Red Skull, Johann Schmidt, scowling at her with displeasure. "It seems you've found Winter." he said, recalling his warning to her about Winter arriving.

At first, she wasn't sure what he meant by it, especially since the first time she ended up seeing him was after she had been injected with the serum. He had instantly tried killing her before everything went silent and cold. Next thing she knew, she was waking up in 2012 and he started giving her warnings.

"Did you know Bucky would arrive?" she asked. That must have been what he meant by Winter.

All the Red Skull did was grin knowingly, only speaking more cryptically. "That means it will soon happen."

She blinked at him. "What will happen?"

"What you're being led to do." Seeing the confusion only grow on her face, he began to approach her, causing Vicky to move a little. "Why do you think you've made it to this point? Sheer will power? Good luck? No, it's because you're meant to fulfill something."

Vicky sighed, shaking her head. "Look, I'd really like it if I would stop having these weird dreams, especially when it involves YOU!"

"We can't all get what we would like, even when you sacrifice everything, especially losing the one you love."