Chapter 27: The Time Heist - PART 3

CHAPTER SUMMARY: Victory is finally arriving for everyone as the battle is going to be won. Goodbye's are hard, but is it really goodbye?

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Just tears all around. Honestly, I was crying heavily while writing this chapter. This is the moment we've been waiting for. Tissues all around.

Everlasting Love from Brooklyn

Chapter 27: The Time Heist - PART 3

Tony quickly got to work in the lab, designing a gauntlet to hold all the infinity stones. He carefully placed all six of the stones in place with success. Now, everyone sat around in the main room, looking to the gauntlet wearily, wondering who would do the task and take the risk.

"All right. The glove's ready. Question is, who's gonna snap their freaking fingers?" Rocket said.

Thor volunteered. "I'll do it."

Everyone began to stop the God of Thunder, holding him back. "No, no, no, whoa. Stop. Stop. Wait a sec. Hey, hey–"

Bruce sighed. "Lightning won't help you, pal. It's gotta be me. You saw what those stones did to Thanos. It almost killed him. None of you could survive."

"How do we know you will?" Steve asked.

"We don't. But the radiation's mostly gamma." He takes a good look at the gauntlet, smiling proudly. "It's like...I was made for this." Little did the group notice Nebula venturing off away from them.

"Good to go, yeah?"

Bruce nodded. "Yes, let's do it."

"You remember– everyone Thanos snapped away five years ago and just bringing them back to now, today. Don't change anything from the last five years."

"Got it."

Everyone began to suit up, surrounding him as they prepared for what was about to happen. Steve and Vicky stood next to each other, shield's at the ready. Giving a nod to Tony, he activated his suit. "F.R.I.D.A.Y., do me a favor and activate Barn Door Protocol. Will you?"

"Yes boss." The computer said, causing the facility to go under lockdown, closing everyone inside.

"Everybody comes home." Bruce said, starting to put the glove on which moved to fit onto his huge hand. The team watched with fear and anticipation, waiting to see what would happen. Vicky squeezed onto her brother's hand, nervous in the moment. Once it was on, the glove began to surge with power from the six stones, causing Bruce to kneel down in pain, starting to scorch his hand.

"BRUCE!" Vicky yelled.

"Take it off! Take it off!" Thor shouted.

Steve held up a hand, talking to their friend. "No, wait. Bruce, are you okay?"

"Talk to me, Banner." Tony quipped.

Despite fighting through the pain, Bruce managed to nod and speak. "I'm okay. I'm okay." He started to scream, battling through the pain as he lifted his arm, managing to snap his fingers, setting everything back. Fainting, the gauntlet dropped off his hand as everyone rushed to check him over.

"Bruce!' Steve shouted, going to help him up.

Tony snapped, starting to freeze his scorched arm. "Don't move him."

"Did it work?" He asked.

No one could really tell as Thor replied. "Worth a shot. It's over. It's okay."

Suddenly, Vicky felt a burning feeling throughout her body, screaming as she fell on her knees to the ground. A huge wave of nausea hit her like a wrecking ball and in that moment she knew it had worked, feeling as if something was being put back in place. Steve ran over to his sister, looking her over as tears filled her eyes. "I-I think it worked, guys."