Chapter 26: The Time Heist - PART 2

CHAPTER SUMMARY: Things prove unsuccessful in 2012 as Steve and Tony go back to SHIELD in the 1970's to recover the Space Stone. Clint, Natasha and Vicky arrive on Vormir in 2014 to get the Soul Stone, coming across an old face that haunts Vicky in her dreams, leading her to this moment: A sacrifice must be made.

Everlasting Love from Brooklyn

Chapter 26: The Time Heist - PART 2

So far, things were not going well for Tony, Scott and Steve. Their plan having gone completely wrong, losing the Space Stone when Loki managed to capture it instead, venturing off somewhere. At least Steve had the case holding the scepter containing the Mind Stone.

Captain America tried to contact his friends, making his way up a stairwell. "Tony, what's going on? Tell me you found that cube." Steve paused, realizing who he had just run across as he groaned: himself. "Oh, you gotta be shitting me."

2012 Steve looked over at his future self, eyes narrowing. "I have eyes on Loki. 14th floor."

Steve sighed, setting down the brief case. "I'm not Loki. And I don't wanna hurt you."

However, his stubborn past self wasn't going to hear it, beginning to charge towards him as they dueled each other. 2012 Steve looked back at himself after knocking him to the ground. "I can do this all day." He said energetically.

Steve sighed, starting to find himself annoying as he got back up. "Yeah, I know. I know."

Both Rogers throw their shield's at one another which clang off to the side as they start brawling once more, resulting in them kicking the case aside that contained the scepter, making it fall down a few levels. 2012 Steve gets the upper hand on his future self as they both fall to the same level with the scepter. Steve's compass containing Peggy's picture opens up, catching the eye of his past self. "Where did you get this?" He asked, putting his future self in a choke hold.

"Bucky... is... alive!" Steve managed to say. "You'll see our sister soon!"

This caught the attention of 2012 Steve, slightly lessening his hold. "What?"

Steve took this opportunity to punch his counterpart, grabbing the scepter and knocking his past self out. Steve got up, pausing as he looked at himself on the ground, thinking back on Scott's recent comment. "That is America's ass."

Making his way back to his friends, Steve managed to meet up with Tony and Scott, going over everything that had happened. "Cap-" Tony said. He turns around to see them sitting in a broken car. "Sorry, buddy. We got a– problem."

Scott nodded nervously. "Huh. Yeah, we do."

Steve sighed. "Well, what are we gonna do now?"

"You know what? Give me a break, Steve. I just got hit in the head with the Hulk."

Scott began to freak out, knowing they had fucked up their chances now. "You said that we had one shot. This– this was our shot. We shot it. It's shot. Six stones or nothing. Six stones or nothing–"

"You're repeating yourself, you know that? You're repeating yourself." Tony snapped at him.

"You're repeating yourself. You're repeating yourself. You know– No." The two began to argue with one another.

"Dude, come on."

"You never wanted a time heist, you went on board with the time heist–"

"I dropped the ball."

"You ruined the time heist."

"Is that what I did?"

"Yeah!"