삼십일

Chapter 31

Yuqi's POV

Having this private relationship with Soyeon is kinda fun, we've been going out for days now. There's a huge difference with going out with us being friends and going out as a couple. We usually go on a date during the day, because she needs to be with her mom during the night. Although I find it weird sometimes, she would sometimes reply to my night texts every morning so I assume that she must have been sleeping early these days.

"Good morning miss Song" Jisoo greeted me with a smile on her face. I actually apologized to her after the day of my flight because Soyeon made me do so. She even scolded me for shouting at her through the phone call, I was a bit harsh on her that day so I apologized sincerely.

"Good morning to you too Jisoo" I replied then smiled at her as well.

"What is our agenda for today?" I asked, she sighed and looked at me worriedly.
"Oh no... let me guess..." I added then I slowly lean back on my chair.

"Yep, bulky paper works are on the way. The team made proposals on how to attract more clients, and you wouldn't want to count all of it because it's a lot." Jisoo replied.

"Work is piling up damn, when can I take a break jeez." I groaned at that thought even if I was able to spend my days with Soyeon.

"Don't worry Miss Song, we only need ten good proposals. But as far as I'm concerned, you really need to check every details because we need to avoid biases." Jisoo said, well she's right about that.

"Well I guess I have to cancel my plans again. Thank you Jisoo, you can send me all of their proposal. I want to get off this place as early as I could." I said, she simply nodded and left without saying another word. I know that she'll send me half of it so she could do the rest and I really appreciate her giving me a hand even though her only job is to keep me on track.

While waiting for the papers to arrive, I grabbed my phone and dialed Soyeon's number. I miss her already, I never imagined her to be clingier than me in private. Though there were times when I wanted to ask about that thing she's keeping from me. Doyeon already confirmed that something was up and probably the reason why we should keep our relationship 'Private' as much as possible. On my side, I really don't mind if the public is aware of our relationship. I've been through worse and this is something I can easily handle. Maybe I'll just wait for her to tell me herself, she's probably having a hard time and I completely understand.

"Yuqi ahh~" Soyeon's voice suddenly brought me back to reality. I didn't noticed that I was already staring at nothing for a few seconds.

"Oh hey uhh.. Soyeon." I said awkwardly. I suddenly forgot the reason why I called her.

"Are you alright? you sound weird... or is it just me?" She said then I heard her giggling on the other side.

"It's just you I guess" I replied grumpily.

"Whatever, I'm hanging up Miss Song"

"WAIT... I actually wanted to tell you that I have to cancel our plans for later. I got a lot of proposals to check" I immediately said. I can't believe I'm nervous about cancelling my plans with her.

"I see, it's alright. It's best if you focus on your work plus we'll still be seeing each other later right?" She asked.

"Uhm.... about that, I also need to cancel our session because I want to finish this within the day" I replied, it took her a few seconds to answer and I can already feel the pressure.

"Hmm... okay then, we can always meet tomorrow Yuqi. Just don't forget to eat your meals okay?" Soyeon said which made me smile, I thought she'd be mad.
"Oh and by the way.... I really need to talk to you in person." She added. I paused for a moment to think. I guess she's ready to tell me everything.