사십

Chapter 40

Yuqi's POV

Being with Minnie right now is making me happy, I can't believe that after all these years, she's still the same old same old, although her hair changed but she looks really good.

"I didn't know, but do you think this is a perfect time to read it?" Minnie asked, I somehow wonder why I feel like she's nervous around me. But I just went beside her then linked my arms.

"It's better late than never" I said then started walking. I was enjoying the moment that we were having, the las time I felt this way was the time before Lucas kidnapped us.

The letter that she's about to read was my confession but it seems like she wasn't able to read it. At least now I know the reason to why she never came back to me a few years ago. All this time, I thought that she doesn't care for my feelings at all. Maybe us not ending up together was fate, I mean I wouldn't know what would happen if we were to continue what we had before. There were lots of consequences like me losing Miyeon, not meeting specific people that made me who I am today.

"I can't believe I just found out about this letter just now. Anyways, here I go." Minnie said then chuckled.

'December 25, 2019 3:30 am...

                 You are in the shower right now getting ready and I thought to take this as an opportunity to write this letter. As a kid who grew up trying to numb every pain caused by my family, I never expect that I would have feelings for someone like you. It's sounds weird but it's true. I know that it's stupid for me to fall in love with you especially knowing that you're already engaged but I'd rather write this letter than regret not telling you how I feel. I like you so much, I don't even know if like is really the right term because as far as I know, this is the first time that someone actually made me go crazy. I don't want to assume things but I want to know whether you like me too, I understand if everything is one sided but if this letter gets to you, I wish you all the best. Lastly, I want to thank you for helping me even though I'm such a pain in the ass.

Love *insert disgusted emoji* Song Cutie

"Did I really wrote this" I said then took the paper away from her hand. That was cringiest letter I;ve ever heard in my entire life. I want the ground to eat me right now.

"To be honest Yuqi, I actually felt the same way" Minnie said which made me look at her blankly. I actually know since she even offered me a ring for god's sake.

"I know, remember the ring?" I asked.

"you still have the ring? I kinda think that you would have lost it or something" She asked me back.

"It's in my old wallet I think? I don't remember how it ended up in there but it's lost too" I said, but the truth is that I exactly remember how It got there. It was the time when I found out that they got married.

"Knew it" she said then rolled her eyes, It made me smile for a second but it didn't last really long.

"What do you expect? Just so you know, I've been waiting. I mean never mind." I grumpily said before walking away.

"What was that again?" she said as if she was trying to tease me.

"Whatever Kim Minnie" I said then continued walking away. My tongue suddenly slipped and was about to tell her about me waiting for a year for her to come back.

"Hey Yuqi, I'm really sorry if I didn't return. I never knew you felt the same way, the night when we were kidnapped, you kinda made it clear that our love was one sided." Minnie said then looked down. I really did that because Miyeon was also in the picture.