5. Nobles and Rulers

You carried the basket full of laundry into the small house, sighing when you reached the table. You carried it into your comfortable room, organizing your clothes.

"I caught fish!!" Katsuki yelled, holding a net full of fish.

You went out of your room, "Ah, thank you."

You took them and hung them up for later. You did some housework while Izuku and Shoto went out to look for food.

After that, you laid out onto the grass, barefoot. The grass was as soft as a sheep's wool. You took a short nap while Katsuki caught more fish.

"We're back!" Izuku climbed up the cliff, panting. "I wonder how you're able to do this, (Y/n)!"

"I usually use healing to get through it." You stood, grabbing the bird from his arms. "This is a nice, plumpy bird."

"T-thank you." Izuku looked away bashfully.

"I brought a rabbit." Shoto lifted a mixed-colored rabbit by the leg.

"Oh wow. It's been a while since I've had rabbit soup. They give quite a chase."

You grabbed the rabbit and went into your kitchen.

"If you don't mind me asking, why are you living here, alone?" Izuku asked as he sat on a seat.

"Because of nobles and rulers. They all want to get their hands on my powers. They'll just use me for themselves and use me to make money for them."

You chopped the bird's head off.

"I don't want to live that kind of life so I moved here with my younger brother. People who came up here give up and went back. Those who are desperate to save the ones they love make it."

You skinned the bird from their feathers, tucking them away to make a pillow.

"I know that not all nobles are bad, but they make a bad name for themselves."

"What...happened to your younger brother?" Izuku hoped he wasn't killed.

"He died by the hands of a greedy noble." You were calm as you stated that. "It was so long ago I can't even remember his face anymore."

"Oh...my condolences." Izuku rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's fine. My younger brother is not far from here, he's buried under that tree."

"Oh." Izuku didn't know what to say.

"Well, I've made my decision." You turned around to see Shoto and Katsuki walking in. "I'm leaving to help the king."