42. Gentle Hands

These warm hands felt familiar, far too familiar. It was like you knew these hands. Long ago...his hands were the same too.

They were rough from working too much and you sometimes massaged them. You said encouraging words and then-...

When your eyes opened, you were met with darkness. You sat up, panicking until you saw Eijiro look up from the fireplace. He gently smiled, reminding you of a person you once knew.

"I'm glad you're up. I found you when you collapsed in the cold."

You stood, stumbling when dark spots covered your vision. Once you recovered, you walked towards him. The dancing fire illuminated made shadows on the walls of the cave.

You grabbed his collar and got him to his feet.

"You...what were you thinking?! You left without saying anything!"

"I had to!" He responded, grabbing your hands. "You're in danger and..."

"What do you mean?"

His eyes held guilt and sadness. "I'll tell you...the best I can."

You sat down beside him, gazing at the ground. Bugs scurried along, others trying to eat each other.

"I work for All Might. But...I also work for All for One."

You were shocked as you looked up from the ground to Eijiro's solemn face. "You work for him?"

"I didn't want to, but..." He gulped, sighing, "The truth is, we know each other. From way before, when we were children."

It all came together. You saw some familiar aspects of him in Eijiro and even his hands.

"You...you're..."

"I died back there, but All for One revived me. He granted my wish to keep you safe so I had to work for him to pay this debt off. I served as his spy and spied on All Might and his actions."

With each word, you felt disbelief. He was the person who ended everything. He took your happiness and family away.

"But then All for One planned to kidnap you and I had to find you before he did anything. That's why when I found you, I was so glad. I don't want you to stay at the mansion, he might find you and take you away from me-I mean, take you away."

The silence felt like an eternity, and everything you knew seemed to fall apart. It was too much to take.

"So...Akiro."

Eijiro flinched when he heard his fake name.

"What a lie." You finally answered. "So everything you told me before...was a lie?"

"I'm sorry."

"I don't want a sorry." You grabbed his shoulders. "I want you to tell me if you were lying!!"

He lowered his gaze, "Yes, I was."

You let go of him as if you were burned. "It can't be...then our meeting wasn't coincidental?"

"No."

"You weren't spying for All Might?"

"No."

"You...how many lies have you told me?"

Eijiro clenched his hands, "A lot."

You stood, holding your head in your hands. "You...you're a liar."

"I'm sorry."

You gritted your teeth before looking up when you saw your three other companions. Tears threatening to spill, you looked away.

"Oi Kirishima! Why the hell did you have to leave?!" Katsuki shouted, explosions appearing from his palms.

"Bakugo...I'm sorry." Eijiro made a sour face, "I've been deceiving you all."

"What do you mean?" Izuku asked as Eijiro hid face in his hands.

"I lied. I...I work for All Might but I also serve All for One. I spy on All Might and All for One, deceiving everyone around me. And I was the one who ended (Y/n)'s family and happiness."

Tears finally streamed down your face.

You wished you could erase the feelings of his hands holding your face.

His gentle hands.