23. Chase

You saw his figure, just a little bit.

"Wait!!" You called out, using your power. "Please wait!!"

"Sorry." He repeated before throwing a smoke bomb.

You coughed but jumped through it, tackling him to the ground. "What are you doing?!"

"Let go of me!!" He shouted, shoving you off.

"Why would you do this?! I thought they killed you!! And it turns out you're working for them?!"

"I did whatever I could to stop them from taking you at that time!! They were close to taking you, so I had to die!"

"You're a stupid, selfish brat!! Do you have any idea of what you put me through?!"

"Yeah, well, I was just a kid!! There was no one to protect us so I had to take measures into my hands!"

You slapped him across the face before grabbing his collar. "I fucking hate you!"

"This is what I get for protecting you?!" He shouted, pulling your hands away.

"I didn't want you to protect me in the first place!!" You screamed back, throwing a punch at him.

"Yeah? Well too bad, I did!" He threw a punch back.

"You fucking idiot!" You threw another punch at him.

"You're the idiot!" He threw another punch at you.

The four watched as you both struggled to get at each other. That was until Eijiro pulled him away.

"Come on, no throwing punches at a lady!" He scolded as he kicked and pushed.

You wiped the blood running down your nose, glaring at your brother. "You loved abandoning me, didn't you?"

"I told you! I was protecting you!"

"Liar!"

"Call me a liar all you want--you never even loved me in the first place!"

"Is this a lovers quarrel?" Shoto suggested, making both you and your brother turn your glares onto him.

"No!! We're siblings!!" You both said simultaneously.