26. Lovely Lady

The woman turned around, her grey eyes reminding you of Shoto's. Her eyes widened upon you and him. You glanced at the male as he took off the helmet.

His turquoise eyes pierced through hers. Her eyes were filled with terror and confusion.

"Mother."

You closed your eyes as you heard him say that. Touya Todoroki, the banished prince.

"Touya...what are you doing here?" She asked, grabbing the bars of her cell.

"An attack is coming soon. That's why I'm here to take you out."

You glanced at Touya and his grip on you tightened.

"And this young lady is...?" Rei turned her gaze into you.

"I'm not associated with him. I'm just a healer." You bowed towards her. "Now if you'll excuse me..."

"You're not leaving," Touya said, glaring at you. "You're an important piece to our invasion."

"Well you see, I've got things to do." You responded, tugging your arm. "And I was only pretending to be your sister, Toto."

"Don't call me that!" Smoke drifted from his hand and burning through your sleeve.

"Touya!"

Touya stopped when he heard his mother's voice. He turned to see a disappointed gaze.

"Please don't hurt her."

You turned your gaze into her before blinking. You grabbed the cell bars and they erupted into golden sparkles.

"These are easy to get out of." You told Rei. "And yet you didn't."

She sighed, "I couldn't bear to see the disappointment in my children's eyes."

"I think you're wrong." You replied. "If you're really scared, then you'd decline to see the king."

Her eyes widened. "How...?"

"The king has a bad reputation but he still comes here to feed you your three meals. The one keeping you chained up is him. You're scared of him, not your family."

Your eyes could see anything, like God's. She looked through your eyes, finding herself being lost in galaxies and stars.

The room began to shake and the wall began to break. Touya grabbed his mother's arm and lifted her, running before the three of you could fall.

"That damn crusty motherfucker. He didn't even wait for us."

You ran alongside them, you didn't have a choice anyway. You turned the corner and were found with some soldiers. Touya turned and ran down corners, finding hidden compartments and using them to lose the soldiers.

You pushed Touya the other way when he tried to head to the left.

"I lead!" He yelled but you persisted.

"That place is gonna crumble." You responded, running forward. "Don't you see that it's empty? It would be the perfect spot for the soldiers to drive us into."

Touya tsked and ran forward, believing your lie. "You're dead."

"Sure."

Rei stopped, gasping as her knees couldn't take anymore.

"Hurry up!" Touya pulled her arm again, refusing to let go. "Or else do you want to fall and die?!"

"Touya, please don't do this," Rei responded as he pulled her along.

You looked up to see Eijiro hanging from a chandelier. He winked at you and you nodded.

"This way!" You pulled Touya to the right, hurrying up.

"Wait, you're heading towards...?!"

Before Touya could realize what you were doing, soldiers were surrounding you, Touya, and Rei. In front of them was Enji, the king.

"Rei!" His voice boomed, running forward.

Touya let go of her and she ran towards Enji. Touya wrapped his fingers around your throat, grinning.

"She's pretty important, isn't she? For the sake of this kingdom...Enji Todoroki."